• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 World Cup news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clavis Ruo

Frank Nicholson (4)
In terms of RWC broadcast, does anyone have any idea who will have streaming rights? Have unfortunately been booked for a cruise for the first 3 weeks (!) of RWC so will have to rely on a good streaming link and hopefully good braodband on the ship! Any ideas?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
In terms of RWC broadcast, does anyone have any idea who will have streaming rights? Have unfortunately been booked for a cruise for the first 3 weeks (!) of RWC so will have to rely on a good streaming link and hopefully good braodband on the ship! Any ideas?

My understanding is that no rights of any kind have been finalised in Australia.

My gut feeling though would be that Fox Sports would get a hold of the digital rights in a way to push their new streaming device Kayo.

Clavis Ruo

Frank Nicholson (4)
My understanding is that no rights of any kind have been finalised in Australia.

My gut feeling though would be that Fox Sports would get a hold of the digital rights in a way to push their new streaming device Kayo.

Thanks. I've got Kayo so fingers crossed, then.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
How did you go?

Not much left now, Fiji vs Wales probably the best game you can still get tickets to.

I really wanted Aus v Wales but missed out again. Original plan was go for 10 days or so and see Aus v Fiji then Aus v Wales.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
final public allocation went on sale today at midday which means hopefully a few more tickets released. Logged in at midday and at 2.30 I'm 90k in the queue.
Managed to get Aus Vs Fiji tix in Sapporo and hoping by some divine intervention that some more Aus vs Wales tix open up. I'm astonished at how popular this RWC will be.
We were talking at work how awesome the time difference of 2 hours to Sydney will mean all games are at friendly times.
yay

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Nadolo has just announced his retirement from international football, seems like it’s effective immediately. Massive blow for Fiji and a pretty puzzling time to retire with the World Cup in a few months

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Nadolo has just announced his retirement from international football, seems like it’s effective immediately. Massive blow for Fiji and a pretty puzzling time to retire with the World Cup in a few months

Club bonus $$$$

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Club bonus $$$$

Yea that’s the obvious answer, just very surprised he would think to do it. Best chance Fiji have ever had at being a real threat, he is still well within his prime and not short of options if his club gave him the boot as a result. He could easily rake the cash in by playing in Japan/WRR next year, not have a strenuous workload extending his career a few more years and would be closer to home

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Bad, bad news! The broadband on cruise ships (or river cruises for that matter) is so bad you will not be able to stream. You might be able to do emails if you are lucky.

I was cruising in Europe during RWC 2015 and was SO!!!! disappointed.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Wasn't it Optus that had the soccer WC rights and they had to farm it out because they couldn't deliver the broadcast? Yikes.
T'was an issue they only encountered for the first Australia game, due to high demand. Was fine hence forth but by then they'd already been shamed into giving the rights to SBS.

They probably won't have the same problem again, and i haven't had any issues with EPL.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Our biggest telco Spark has acquired the NZ rights & will let be live-streaming it. God help them if it crashes during an AB KO match! They're one of the most despised NZ corporates already, that would pretty much fuck them in many people's eyes.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
T'was an issue they only encountered for the first Australia game, due to high demand. Was fine hence forth but by then they'd already been shamed into giving the rights to SBS.

They probably won't have the same problem again, and i haven't had any issues with EPL.

I don't know if I entirely agree with the shame comment.

I think they thought they'd fixed it, but couldn't truly KNOW, until everyone logged on for a game to test.

They were too scared to run the risk of it happening a 2nd time.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Should be some great support for the Wallabies in the stands in Japan.

(Assuming it isn't all the kiwis and irish working here at the moment)
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/409350

INTERNATIONAL TICKET SALES BY NATIONALITY*
1 England 23.9% 6 USA 4.6%
2 Australia 15.6% 7 Scotland 4.1%
3 Ireland 7.9% 8 Wales 3.6%
4 France 7.7% 9 South Africa 3.1%
5 New Zealand 7.3% 10 Netherlands 2.5%
OTHERS (160 COUNTRIES) 19.7%

Status
Not open for further replies.