• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 1 (REDUX): Brumbies v Rebels

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rebels attack disjointed and toothless, one/one defence problematic as well. Eden-monaro by-election coverage more entertaining at this stage

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
How a team with Wallabies stalwarts like DHP, To'omua, Koroibete & Hodge can't break a line amazes me.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
How a team with Wallabies stalwarts like DHP, To'omua, Koroibete & Hodge can't break a line amazes me.
I don’t know why people are surprised Hodge is quiet in attack, he’s never sparked much he’s just a solid straight runner.

But the Rebels have been good the last 15.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Lolesio is so much more exciting than To'omua but I love To'omua's field kicking. Feel like that's the one area Rebels are on top with him and Louwrens putting pretty tactical kicks up constantly.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don’t know why people are surprised Hodge is quiet in attack, he’s never sparked much he’s just a solid straight runner.

But the Rebels have been good the last 15.

As I say that, DHP slides over but I doth protest there wasn't a line in front of him to break.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Lolesio is so much more exciting than To'omua but I love To'omua's field kicking. Feel like that's the one area Rebels are on top with him and Louwrens putting pretty tactical kicks up constantly.
Kind of agree. The 10 has to be an exciting player, which To'omua isn’t. 12 is his go.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Just to add a tiny bit of conspiracy, has anyone else noticed that the new Rebels jersey looks a little bit like a hybrid Force jersey?

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Good comeback by Rebels, but nothing to show for it. A couple of tactical errors with penalties late. Our last penalty goal we should have kicked into touch and had a crack at a try to go in front. Then with a minute to go, should have kicked for goal to get the bonus point.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Disappointing from the Rebels but the bookies nailed that margin. Forwards did well for Melbourne, no idea what Wessels is doing with the backline.

Lolesio looks the goods. Thought it was a quiet game for both backrows, Brumbies' wingers look class, always threatening.

Louwrens is alright and I say this as a Rebels man, fuck he looks annoying.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Odd game. A little hard to watch after that quality NZ derby. Lots of rust from both sides and some stupid stuff from both teams at times. Brumbies just look like a happy squad who are enjoying their Rugby. Work so much better as a unit.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
A couple of brain farts and lack of match awareness from the Rebs, Kelleway quick tap in the first half and Louwren’s at the end simply stupid play at the time. Some poor execution as well. scores much closer than the actual game, Rebels really only looked convincing in the mid portion of second half. Hopefully a LOT of improvement in them

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Scrum was dominating in an entirely non-dominant way, apart from some oddly gifted penalties from where I was watching.

My highlight was with the only Brumbies scrum penalty, the lost look on Gardener face then long pause before he below the whistle. It was like he was in disbelief that the Rebels did not dominate a scrum!

I am still wondering if Angus Gardner was having a personal protests about the new rules and was keeping it all very old school.