• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2022 Bledisloe Cup. Wallabies vs All Blacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
He was kicking for a line-out, he doesn’t have to wait.

He should have taken the kick for touch, even his backline teammates were screaming at him to kick it, champ
what the fuck were the forwards doing ignoring what was happening around them?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Amazing game of rugby. Maybe one of the best I've seen in a long time. Tough ending. I think we were the better team overall.

Take away all the tough ref calls. They weren't the reason we lost. Two words: Wright + Swain.

Their yellow cards killed us. The game should never have come down to the last minute. We would probably be up a try if we didn't have to play with 13 men for two very stupid penalties. Swains was very disappointing and I thought should have been a red.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
The Gordon and Swain cards were over steps and the time wasting call, in that context, is without precedent. Disgraceful.

Edit: replay of Swain is suss. Bundy glasses obscured my vision.

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The AB's defensive coach must've been having a heart attack in his fucking brain watching messrs. CClarke, BB, Jordan, Jordie and god knows which other backs all retreating and backpedalling and saying "yours, yours, no yours" as Kellaway kept them all at bay using some sort of invisible forcefield en route to the tryline

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is anyone going to continue with the thinking that the ref didn't impact this game?
Given how he was refereeing the game how did Foley *not* realise that some kind of weird decision was going to be made?

Look at the rest of the aussie players screaming at Foley in the background - they knew what was going to happen.

100% Foley to blame by not reading that a northern hemisphere referee is going to blow the whistle for something.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
A kiwi interviewing a kiwi after the match. What country are we in?
The utter collection of stupid in the commentary box is an embarassment and has been for a very long time. I long for a Bill Mclaren type with actual knowledge of the laws instead of Mertens who has no idea of the actual current ruck law or the others with their collection of inanities and fading war staories.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Darcy Swain should have been red-carded for that intentional attack to maim Tupaea.
Was sure it would be a red. He's shouldered into a blokes lower leg who has his foot planted. Possible career ender. Knew exactly what he was doing too, just lost his rag like a big sook cos he'd powderpuff failed about 4 attempted counter ruck attempts in succession at the same ruck

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So far Foley is doing everything we want Noah to do but doesn’t. Get his shoulders through a hole. Hopefully he learns something
Missed quite a few tackles though. Posting this after the game, but given his delay in taking the penalty kick at the end, on balance he had a negative affect on the game.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I hope this drives the team to make a statement next match. Bring that same intensity, minus the yellow cards and we will beat them. Lots of positives out of that game.

Valentini was immense. Samu too. I thought Leota started strong too.
Holloway and Slipper worked there asses off.
Porecki - really stepped up his aggression. Cemented the started spot for me.
Foley, minus the time-wasting and a couple early drop balls was pretty good too. I thought better then Noah.
Foketi I thought cemented his place in the 12 jersey whilst Kerevi is away, he really does combine well with Ikitau.
Kellaway a mixed game - that no try was a turning point in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.