• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2nd XV's - Crusaders v Highlanders - 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
both the crusaders and highlanders have fielded teams where manystar all blacks. have the kiwis gone rwc mad again by ruining what should be a huge conference derby against 2 inform teams?

http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/super14/news/2723701.htm

Crusaders: 15 Israel Dagg, 14 Tom Marshall, 13 Robbie Fruean, 12 Adam Whitelock, 11 Zac Guildford, 10 Matt Berquist, 9 Andy Ellis (captain), 8 Joe Wheeler, 7 Matt Todd, 6 George Whitelock, 5 Chris Jack, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Quentin MacDonald, 1 Wyatt Crockett.
Replacements: 16 Corey Flynn, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Luke Romano, 19 Jonathan Poff, 20 Kahn Fotuali'i, 21 Sonny Bill Williams, 22 Sean Maitland.

Highlanders: 15 Robbie Robinson, 14 James Paterson, 13 Kendrick Lynn, 12 Ben Smith, 11 Siale Piutau, 10 Tony Brown, 9 Aaron Smith, 8 Nasi Manu, 7 John Hardie, 6 Jarrad Hoeata, 5 Josh Bekhuis, 4 Tom Donnelly, 3 Chris King, 2 Mo Schwalger, 1 Jamie Mackintosh (captain).
Replacements: 16 Jason Rutledge, 17 David Te Moana, 18 Nick Crosswell, 19 Tim Boys, 20 Sean Romans, 21 Matt Saunders, 22 Telusa Veainu.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Thompson and Poki are injured.

SBW to the bench is a strange one and McCaw from the sound of it is just having another week off.

Let them do what they want, it didn't work for them last time.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCaw has strained his foot again.

This doesn't look like resting for the WC but resting for the Super rugby tournament. Just a weeks resting. The Blues have done it all season so far. It's squad rotation.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
maybe i'm just a little disappointed as i was really looking forward to the double header of this game followed by the reds v waratahs game, now it seems a little cheapened.

Considering the nature of this game in a competition where the supporters have been begging for more local derbies (apparantly?), i'm very surprised that this round is being used for such heavy rotation and the resting of what appears tp be niggling injuries.

mccaw - bruised foot
thompson - haematoma (i.e. a big bruise!)

since when does a bruise sideline hardened all blacks?

T

Thomas

I'm just annoyed because I had Sonny Bill, Adam Thompson and Luke McAlister in my Fantasy team and I bought McAlister just for this week.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
With the new format you have to rotate players a bit more if you want them to survive the season.

G

GC

Highlanders in front against Crusaders. That'll teach 'em for being arrogant and naming a second string team vs. one of the form teams in the comp. Israel Dagg's defense of Cipriani quality at the moment. Strangely, the Kiwi commentators aren't bagging him the same way.

G

GC

Saders soundly beaten. Didn't even get a bonus point. Not a great performance from them. Superb from the Highlanders, especially without Thomson.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
cracking game from the highlanders, definitely not disappointed in the game.

the crusaders set themselves up for this loss by rotating so many top players, bad call from blackadder.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Damn it Crusaders. We showed really bad discipline in this game. I wouldnt call the Crusaders arrogant or soundly beaten it was 8 points not 80 & its a long season - McCaw & Carter need to be kept healthy for the long haul. Dagg's defence may have been suss at times but he makes up for it in attack. Disappointed in the Saders but great game from the highlanders and well deserved victory, very happy to have Dagg & Manu in my fantasy team right now.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
He eh....tipped Highlanders to win, and jackpotted that tip in the Fox's tipping competition...

Gooch

Fred Wood (13)
The Highlanders played fantastic. Whether the Crusaders rested too many players or what, they didn't deserve to win. Highlanders just played a better game. Very sloppy towards the end

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I really enjoyed this match and I love the highlanders combativeness

I wish more sides would just compete for everything and work hard like the Highlanders do.

Status
Not open for further replies.