• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3-2-1 Brumbies v Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Force scrum probably went better than expected, but for the Brumbies' the TH side of the scrum was rock solid the entire time Palmer was on the field....
I never said that it wasnt all i said was that the force scrum also didnt get over powered during the game it was evenly matched al night. But for some to surgest Pek scrummed poorly is not accurate or fair. I think if you can hold out the best THP in the counrty and gain parity that that is a very good nights work.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
3. Mowen, strong captains game and very Busy
2. Benny A, equal most tackles with carter and mowen and played tighter than last year.
1. Mogg, White, goal kicking excepted

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I never said that it wasnt all i said was that the force scrum also didnt get over powered during the game it was evenly matched al night. But for some to surgest Pek scrummed poorly is not accurate or fair. I think if you can hold out the best THP in the counrty and gain parity that that is a very good nights work.

Well, I don't think he had parity...

While the Force scrum held up well, Cowan was dominated by Palmer in their individual battle...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So thats the Front rows fault is it the winger had nothing to do with that?

Yes, but (and the commentary also made mention of this) Palmer's shove on Cowan on that side of the scrum helped give the Brumbies' the platform needed for that try...

The Force will be better off when they have Longbottom starting...

On the other hand I didn't think Ma'afu played too badly for them...

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, but (and the commentary also made mention of this) Palmer's shove on Cowan on that side of the scrum helped give the Brumbies' the platform needed for that try...

The Force will be better off when they have Longbottom starting...

On the other hand I didn't think Ma'afu played too badly for them...

And you actually think clarkie knows what he is on about at scrum time (let alone the rest of the game). That try was a simple laps in the defence from the 10 12 channel and the winger not following his man nothing to do with the scrum.

There was no plat form layed it was a simple thing ofd "shit we cant get the push over lets get it out" and then a nice move from the backs simple.

S

spooony

Brumbies
3. Coleman
2. Kimlin
1. Lealiifano

Force
3. Lynn
2. Mafi
1.Cowan

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
0. Brumbies

0. Force

What a waste of 2 hours of my life watching that abortion of a game.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Look at the last scrum. The force smashed the brumbies scrum and they popped up. Very lucky they got the ball out when they did. If it went another second it could of been a penalty to the force.

I thought the force scrum was very good.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Look at the last scrum. The force smashed the brumbies scrum and they popped up. Very lucky they got the ball out when they did. If it went another second it could of been a penalty to the force.

I thought the force scrum was very good.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

Different front rowers too...

But the Force put everything into that scrum as they needed the ball back...

They put on a nice shove as the Brumbies tried to clear the ball...

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
peks stats
14 runs
2 tackle busts
1 offload
6 tackles
1 error

not to bad there. especially to have 14 runs with 1 error in the first round

palmer
13 tackles
1 missed tackle