• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A make over for Quade Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
What I am saying is that he has been less prominent in attack than in 2011 for the simple reason that he does not take as many risks. How can you possibly not understand that? It's the whole issue that the anti Quade brigade have with him - he won't get away with those risks in international rugby! And to an extent I agree. But you are simply contradicting yourself now. Deans has asked him to reduce the risk, so he bloody well has and now he has told him he has to defend in the front line for the Reds. So it's not as though Robbie has no influence over the way he plays in super rugby. If you were a rugby player and the national coach told you you needed to do something to get into the Wallabies, you'd absolutely get onto it, wouldn't you?

On top of that his attack has not been 'stifled'. To say so is ignorant of the teams 4th best clean breaks in the competition, 4th most defenders beaten and most run metres. There is a significant difference between lacking the ability to finish off tries and attacking prowess.

I don't believe that QC (Quade Cooper) really tries to play a certain style to please RD. To do so would cause the whole team to play a different style. If McKenzie was telling him to play one style and RD was telling him to play another, who do you really think QC (Quade Cooper) would listen to? How pissed off do you think McKenzie and every other player on the Reds are if QC (Quade Cooper) is playing a different game-plan to them to try and impress RD?

But OK....if we give you that Quade is trying to play how RD wants him to for a min......

If it's deemed that he doesn't play that style well, you still think RD should select him?! Cos he's trying....??

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought we established a couple of years ago it was supposed to be "QWADE" - Qantas Wallabies Anti-Depressant Elixir (although I think Moses changed it to Extract). We coulda sold a bundle of 'em.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
I don't believe that QC (Quade Cooper) really tries to play a certain style to please RD. To do so would cause the whole team to play a different style. If McKenzie was telling him to play one style and RD was telling him to play another, who do you really think QC (Quade Cooper) would listen to? How pissed off do you think McKenzie and every other player on the Reds are if QC (Quade Cooper) is playing a different game-plan to them to try and impress RD?

But OK..if we give you that Quade is trying to play how RD wants him to for a min..

If it's deemed that he doesn't play that style well, you still think RD should select him?! Cos he's trying..??

You cannot deny that he has altered the way he plays his game to better suit what Deans (and all his critics) want. Again, if you can't admit that, then you haven't watched his games this year.

Funnily enough, I don't think McKenzie is the kind of coach that ignores the advice he or his players are given. That is what makes him so adaptable and able to combat different types of teams (its not the same approach every F***ing game). Sure, if Robbie told Quade to play an exact game plan, then that would be reason for concern, but contrary to what you're saying, that is not what has occurred. Cooper has been asked to alter a number of things in his game and his actions off the field and both him and Ewen have worked at this. It shows a sense of maturity and willingness to evolve, something that our head coach seems to lack.

What style does he not play well? Pass the ball to your centres and forwards and hope they get over the ad. line with a penalty? What a hopeless way of playing rugby.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
You cannot deny that he has altered the way he plays his game to better suit what Deans (and all his critics) want. Again, if you can't admit that, then you haven't watched his games this year.

Funnily enough, I don't think McKenzie is the kind of coach that ignores the advice he or his players are given. That is what makes him so adaptable and able to combat different types of teams (its not the same approach every F***ing game). Sure, if Robbie told Quade to play an exact game plan, then that would be reason for concern, but contrary to what you're saying, that is not what has occurred. Cooper has been asked to alter a number of things in his game and his actions off the field and both him and Ewen have worked at this. It shows a sense of maturity and willingness to evolve, something that our head coach seems to lack.

What style does he not play well? Pass the ball to your centres and forwards and hope they get over the ad. line with a penalty? What a hopeless way of playing rugby.

How do you know that he's altered his game to suit Robbie? WHat makes you think that he's altering his game as opposed to the opposition working him out and knowing how to shut him down better? If Quade and Ewen have been listening to Robbie, why hasn't he been defending in the front line more?

What style does he not play well? Apparently the style that Robbie wants him to play e.g. defending in the front-line.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=39148

Latest news on Coop. Very mature and I hope we see him turn this into some blinders for the next few games.

Very mature? He rattled out the standard stuff anyone says while beating the drums for MacKenzie.

"It's a pleasure to play in the current Reds setup under Ewen McKenzie as coach. I have to take advice and listen to the coach so that I can try to improve all aspects of my game," Cooper said.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Very mature? He rattled out the standard stuff anyone says while beating the drums for MacKenzie.

"It's a pleasure to play in the current Reds setup under Ewen McKenzie as coach. I have to take advice and listen to the coach so that I can try to improve all aspects of my game," Cooper said.

Gee mate, what do you want him to say if he's asked about his coach? Be reasonable would you? We all know what happens when he criticizes the coach... hahaha.

"I have to take advice and listen to the coach so that I can try to improve all aspects of my game"

That comment was in relation to Deans, not Ewen.

"My omission is something that I have no control over, but I can only respond by working harder by doing well for the Reds and continue to enjoy my rugby," Cooper, who has 38 test caps, said in Thursday's interview in Cape Town.
"I haven't been in contact with Robbie Deans and the Wallaby setup at all. There is no point in looking too far into the future. I first have a job to do with the Reds."

You also forgot all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.