• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS Athletics 2023

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
The new Scots Aths director Andrew Goldrick has done a great job with the program this year, got a really good training program in along with a successful athletics camp up in the central coast. Exciting to see what the talented seniors can produce this year.

In intermediates, the favourites right now is Kings but Scots, Joeys, Newington and others are not far behind, should be a close competition. A talented 15s age group unfortunately weakened by Glengarry and a great 16s age group have had some promising results throughout trial meets and there is huge excitement about the big day. Does anyone have any predictions for junior age group? Don't know much about them but know that Scots 13s have some great talent and have seen some really impressive youngins from other schools. Heaps of rugby boys participating in all events around. What are the schools policies on attendance for the carnival? Scots is compulsory and I know that Joeys and Kings is but am unsure for others. I know that attendance is largely encouraged but unsure whether it's compulsory around the GPS.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
The new Scots Aths director Andrew Goldrick has done a great job with the program this year, got a really good training program in along with a successful athletics camp up in the central coast. Exciting to see what the talented seniors can produce this year.

In intermediates, the favourites right now is Kings but Scots, Joeys, Newington and others are not far behind, should be a close competition. A talented 15s age group unfortunately weakened by Glengarry and a great 16s age group have had some promising results throughout trial meets and there is huge excitement about the big day. Does anyone have any predictions for junior age group? Don't know much about them but know that Scots 13s have some great talent and have seen some really impressive youngins from other schools. Heaps of rugby boys participating in all events around. What are the schools policies on attendance for the carnival? Scots is compulsory and I know that Joeys and Kings is but am unsure for others. I know that attendance is largely encouraged but unsure whether it's compulsory around the GPS.
Kings and SBHS have shown form in the juniors.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Score update

Attachments

• IMG_5719.jpeg
    IMG_5719.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5718.jpeg
    IMG_5718.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5717.jpeg
    IMG_5717.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Think we’ll see Joeys take Juniors over Kings. Kings take Intermediate over Shore. And Joeys to win Seniors over Scots.
View and Joeys equal first for cheering, daylight third.
Weak senior squad for Kings this year but most backing up next year and will my early, entirely biased, favourites for ‘24.

Backintheolddays

Bill Watson (15)
Nope, looks like View have Intermediate. This will be close to final, bugger all events left.

Attachments

• IMG_5726.jpeg
    IMG_5726.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5724.jpeg
    IMG_5724.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_5721.jpeg
    IMG_5721.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 109

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
Shore seemed the strongest in the longer distances, but Kings and Joeys just too dominant in the sprints. Well done to all today.

RushingRob

Herbert Moran (7)
What an absolute cracker of a day. Scots, the underdogs rattled with injury, they all were saying Kings & Joeys. But through all the challenges, and their Captain of Athletics being injured, they win the premiership for the college. What an absolute delight for old boys and the smile on the students faces were all worth it. Congratulations to Kings and Joeys for taking home intermediates and juniors, and great to High for coming second behind Joeys in the juniors.

The Chairman

Tom Lawton (22)
What an absolute cracker of a day. Scots, the underdogs rattled with injury, they all were saying Kings & Joeys. But through all the challenges, and their Captain of Athletics being injured, they win the premiership for the college. What an absolute delight for old boys and the smile on the students faces were all worth it. Congratulations to Kings and Joeys for taking home intermediates and juniors, and great to High for coming second behind Joeys in the juniors.
Great Carnival, Great Coverage, Great Results. Well done to All!

propsarespeedy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Think we’ll see Joeys take Juniors over Kings. Kings take Intermediate over Shore. And Joeys to win Seniors over Scots.
View and Joeys equal first for cheering, daylight third.
Weak senior squad for Kings this year but most backing up next year and will my early, entirely biased, favourites for ‘24.
The noise coming from the Scots crowd at the end of the day was incredible, especially during that 4 x 400. I think Scots have a great opportunity to go back to back with a very talented year 10 group coming through (Christian Kotis, Will Haydon, Miles Carson, and Onitoni Large all examples of 16s who ran up and performed well) and with many returning seniors from the 2024 class. Hopefully, we're able to see Aiden Gow run next year, he just missed out this year due to a stress fracture in the foot.