• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 Div 1 & ACT Schools XV 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
Vikings beat Grammar 22- 21.
Eddies towelled Dara in 18-1s 57-0 and 18-2s 67-0 Trai Henderson was a beast in both games.

Although trai had an absolute blinder of a game the person who impressed me the most was Ryan (the steam train) Bol with his carries and defence being absolutely lethal. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the white number 8 jersey this weekend against royals. AngryDog2 out.

Logan Stevens

Bob McCowan (2)
Although trai had an absolute blinder of a game the person who impressed me the most was Ryan (the steam train) Bol with his carries and defence being absolutely lethal. Wouldn't be surprised if he's in the white number 8 jersey this weekend against royals. AngryDog2 out.

Well said AD2. Keep an eye out for speedstar Liam Longley. Has great pace and will burn opponents left, right centre.

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
Although Grammar were disappointing in their first game of the season I can see them coming back and really putting together a solid case for the premiership this and even knocking off Eddies.
AngryDog 2 Out
Roff roff

joshflanders

Frank Row (1)
I highly disagree, eddies were a class act on the weekend and I have a very big mobile forward pack with some classy and flashy backs. I believe eddies will be a high chance of even taking home the Waratah shield this year

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I highly disagree, eddies were a class act on the weekend and I have a very big mobile forward pack with some classy and flashy backs. I believe eddies will be a high chance of even taking home the Waratah shield this year

Eddies should win this comp without too many interruptions. Do you know what their trial form was like, particularly against any Sydney teams? That will give you a good indication of where they will fall in Waratah Shield wise.

joshflanders

Frank Row (1)
reports, country league star Angus Patterson has moved to St Edmunds College to improve their scrums, defensive shape and attacking structure. He is a dangerous player all across the park with or with out the ball. I assume he will start of in seconds and make his way up. Looks like Marist are going to have a tough weekend ahead of themselves in all grades.

Rhino147

Stan Wickham (3)
eddies yet to conceed a point...impressive.
grammar to beat dara by 20+
eddies to beat marist by 20+
vikings to beat royals in a close one

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Congratulations to the following boys that have been selected in the ACT Schoolboys Under 18 train on squad to prepare for the Australian National U18 Schoolboys Championships to be held in Sydney from Monday 29th June until Saturday 4th July at St Ignatius College Riverview.

The squad will train over the next two weeks (Monday and Wednesday) in preparation for a trial
match against the Victorian Schools Squad in Albury on Saturday the 6th of June. The final team will
be selected after this fixture.

ACT Schoolboys Initial Squad 2015

Jacob ABEL, St Edmund's College
Moala AHOAFI, Canberra College
Tayn ATKINS, Daramalan College
Alexander CRONAN, Canberra Grammar School
Harrison DAHL, St Edmund's College
Samuel DOBB, St Francis Xavier College
Jackson DUFFEY, Daramalan College
Jayme FIELD, Marist College
Sione FUALALO, Erindale College
Luke GERSEKOWSKI, St Edmund's College
Levi GOODWIN, Shaw St Edmund’s College
Ben GORDON, St Edmund's College
Mackenzie HANSEN, Daramalan College
Robert HOGG, St Peters Anglican College
Jonty HROMOW, Canberra College
Rylie HUGHES, Erindale College
Charlie JACKSON, Canberra College
Tomas JOHSON, St Edmund's College
Harry LEDDY, Erindale College
Lachlan LONERGAN, Trinity Christian College
Patrick LONERGAN, St Edmund's College
Ryan LONERGAN, Trinity Christian College
Caleb MALISAUSKAS, St Edmund's College
Jake POWLEY, St Edmund's College
Siaosi PULEFALE, St Edmund's College
Thomas ROSS, Daramalan College
Nicholas SAUNDERS, Canberra Grammar School
Frasier SMITH, St Edmund's College
Soakai TAI-MAINE, Erindale College
Matthew TAYLOR, St Edmund's College
Samuel THOMPSON, St Edmund's College
Richie TOPOU, Canberra College
Joshua WELLS, St Edmund's College
Andrew WHITTLE, Canberra Grammar School
Joshua WISE, St Edmund's College

Coach: Tim SEDGWICK
Assistant Coach: Adam FAHEY
Physiotherapist: Kylie KOOK
Manager: Mick PINI

Training will be held on Monday’s & Wednesday’s, at Campese Field –Yass Road, Queanbeyan.
Commencing at 4.30pm. Players to assemble at 4.15pm. Players to also bring water bottle,
swimmers and a towel.

If you are unable to attend please contact the Team Manager -0413 016 987

http://www.brumbies.com.au/Portals/13/Files/Community Rugby/ACTJRU/ACT SCHOOLBOYS 2015.pdf

jimbo_jones

Frank Row (1)
Ok, time to get this thread up and going again!!

Not having been to a school game for a few weeks now, I am a bit out of the loop. I have heard that Dara beat Vikings in extra time to advance to their first grand final in who knows how long, and Eddies beat Grammar by a couple of tries in a bash fest.

That new coach at Dara must be making a difference. Looking at the scores from this season it appears that they have made some big improvements which is fantastic for the local comp. Surely it would be a big ask for them to knock over an undefeated Eddies side though?

What predictions do people have for the upcoming u18 Black division grand final? Does anyone that attended the semis or that have been close spectators of this year's comp have any players that we should keep an eye on in the gf?

Rhino147

Stan Wickham (3)
interesting grand final, though with eddies playing how they are, they'll be near impossible to beat (though i hope they do beat them). a really quality team, though i havent seen much of dara so cant comment on their form. from eddies, the number 1, 12, 13 and 15 have caught my eye. but to be honest i would much prefer an eddies and one the other teams in the comp in the final. grammar would have been a good grand final, so too vikings.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Dan Hooper from the Brumbies coaches Dara, and from what I've seen of them I've been very impressed, but as said before Eddies look heads and shoulders above.

Good to see Dara in the GF after many years on the fringes.

jimbo_jones

Frank Row (1)
Whilst we're on the topic of making finals.....when was the last time Marist didn't make the four??? Since the innauguration of the comp I would suggest!

For one of the supposed powerhouse schools of Australian rugby (obviously not anymore), things appear to have really gone backwards over there. I remember when Eddies and Marist were neck and neck with each other and right up there with the top Sydney schools...and I'm talking as little as 10 years ago. If I recall correctly, there was a team from a few years back (05 or 06 I think???) when they had as many as 5-6 Aus schoolboys in the one team. Flash forward to 2015 and they weren't able to produce one u18 ACT schoolboy....

In saying that however, it is good to see the development of the other sides. It wasn't long ago that the likes of Grammar wouldn't front up to Eddies citing safety concerns (cough cop out cough). Just on the weekend they fell 2 tries of short of beating them. Eddies have come back to the pack but no longer produce the week to week 80 point thrashings that we used to see.

Ruffledfeathers1992

Stan Wickham (3)
Teriffic day at the grand finals. Was good seeing some of the clubs really challenge in the top divisions. The under 14s game was a cracker between St Eddies and Tuggeranong. Good to see the Blues make the under 16s game, although there was a nasty exchange between Royals officials and JRU staff late in the game. Sadly I'll miss tomorrows action (watching league out at Braddon) but congrats to all involved on a teriffic day of jnr footy.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Whilst we're on the topic of making finals...when was the last time Marist didn't make the four??? Since the innauguration of the comp I would suggest!

For one of the supposed powerhouse schools of Australian rugby (obviously not anymore), things appear to have really gone backwards over there. I remember when Eddies and Marist were neck and neck with each other and right up there with the top Sydney schools.and I'm talking as little as 10 years ago. If I recall correctly, there was a team from a few years back (05 or 06 I think???) when they had as many as 5-6 Aus schoolboys in the one team. Flash forward to 2015 and they weren't able to produce one u18 ACT schoolboy..

In saying that however, it is good to see the development of the other sides. It wasn't long ago that the likes of Grammar wouldn't front up to Eddies citing safety concerns (cough cop out cough). Just on the weekend they fell 2 tries of short of beating them. Eddies have come back to the pack but no longer produce the week to week 80 point thrashings that we used to see.
Never since the schools were included

Status
Not open for further replies.