• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AFL Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
i believe they keep playing until all the money in australia belongs to them, and all the tv channels are broadcasting it....

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't think they do do they? They were talking this morning on the off-siders that the AFL Commission may have to meet tomorrow morning to change the rules in case it happens again and they have to do it again the following week.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I don't think they do do they? They were talking this morning on the off-siders that the AFL Commission may have to meet tomorrow morning to change the rules in case it happens again and they have to do it again the following week.

yeah they need to meet, to formalise the decision that has been made. Extra 10 minutes if required, don't know what plan B is in the event all square after 10 minutes of extra time.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

Almost 100% certain of it RR, as it was mentioned in the call on the telly.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Demetrious said this morning that after the initial 10 mins of extra time there would be another one until a winner is declared

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Haha... I'm serious though...

As an Australian rugby fan there's a lot to admire about the AFL...

There might be some stuff to admire; skill, fitness, the passion of the fans, the ratings.

But there's no way I'd watch it above the Shute Shield.

R

Raptor

the players dont get any extra for the extra game. thats a bit harsh really. does anyone know about the fans? does anyone there get to go again or does everyone need to buy tickets again?

C

chief

I think the players should be paid double or even triple for this game. It's utterly ridiculous that this is allowed to occur. More revenue for the AFL, and the players get the same amount.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
It should be an absolute honor to play in a GF. Seeing nobody was expecting this extra revenue, donate the net profit to charity and do a good deed. The PR for the AFL would be huge.

R

Raptor

It should be an absolute honor to play in a GF. Seeing nobody was expecting this extra revenue, donate the net profit to charity and do a good deed. The PR for the AFL would be huge.

Good Call. Even half the profit would be good

stoff

Bill McLean (32)

They are getting a pretty good media run for just allocating some tickets to the underprivileged.

Status
Not open for further replies.