• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Al Baxter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ok, so he gets pulled after 30 mins. His less experienced replacements solidifies the scrum and is more effective around the field.

Is this the end?

If it is, we're now on the hunt for a back up THP.

Dunning back in favour?

Cowan?

Fairbrother?

Palmer/Shepherdson /Kepu/ Edwards/ Weekes ?

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
new position: chief tackle dummy holder

i think it's a definite sign. will he get more chances or not? deans seems to stick with players to a fault so i wouldn't be surprised to see him back again.

could be swan songs for him, waugh, and morty though. either way, a message was sent.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i couldnt see much from the nose bleeds, but dispite not collapsing the scrum still looked shithouse with alexander on, if baxters over, is alexander actually the answer or are we just not looking hard enough anymore?

R

rugbywhisperer

Noddy said:
Ok, so he gets pulled after 30 mins. His less experienced replacements solidifies the scrum and is more effective around the field.
Is this the end?
If it is, we're now on the hunt for a back up THP.
Dunning back in favour?
Cowan?
Fairbrother?
Palmer/Shepherdson /Kepu/ Edwards/ Weekes ?

My wife wants a shot

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I would have liked to see Waugh on that field in the second half last night. Pocock has been disappointing this season.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Woodcock and Baxter had a contest to see who can get pack the lowest without being penalised, Woodcock won. (like the last game)

We may even get smart enough to pick players for specific games and conditions eventually.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
The problem isn't Baxter's scrummaging. The problem is he is targeted by referees.

Alexander is being groomed. Palmer is emerging. Things are looking up.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
At this stage all Alexander is doing is not falling over.

HE has a long way to go as a test prop. Does absolutely sweet f all at the ruck. Its'; one things side stepping backs in the Super 14, but it's a whole other one doing the hard yards in tight test matches.

This Australian pack needs a tight head with mongrel and I am not convinced Alexander has it.

Compare him to Franks. That boy got through a mountain of work yesterday and was like Thorne's mini-me hitting every ruck. Wallaby pack lacks that sort of pairing. Horwill had a better game but is hardly imposing. He has the makings though.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Horwill's had the makings for a couple of years. When is it going to step up into true physicality and not just being an angry prick? I like the fact that he's dropped the stupidity from his game, but he needs to dominate.

Stu Andrews

Frank Row (1)
It's been said many times before, but I'd fancy Captain Blood (Phil) at Tight Head. We'd have a pretty short front row, but man alive it'd be a ruck contest again :)

Weekes, Palmer .. Have heard some good reports.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Stu Andrews said:
It's been said many times before, but I'd fancy Captain Blood (Phil) at Tight Head. We'd have a pretty short front row, but man alive it'd be a ruck contest again :)
I can't see it.. he'd have to put on 20kg which would take away his speed to the ruck, though the constant blood bins would allow him to get plenty of rest between scrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.