• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Alan Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I just had a look at the Herald article and it seems Jones hasn't forgiven Eales since he gave evidence for John Coates in the defamation case surrounding the no-row affair at the 2004 Olympics.
I disagree with Jones on his "underrated player" claim about Eales. However, Jones does merit Rugby praise for helping to engineer the '84 Grand Slam and the '86 Bledisloe Cup. In NZ. For the first time in 39 years.
Bringing Topo to Warringah and the Wallabies was a master stroke.
Resurrecting Steve Cutler's career gave us a big edge in line outs, scrums, defence and attack.
And as you can tell by my "proudly supporting Manly" icon, I have a good reason to praise him as a premiership-winning club rugby coach too.

His coaching credentials are excellent. It's not that which makes people ignore him.....

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Yet one who generously gives his time for charities.

Nobody is entirely perfect or imperfect.

those who have made it to perfect tell me that being so is no fun at all.

NOTE to Mods: shouldn't this thread be removed? my opinion of the man in question is very low indeed, but i don't think the tone of some posts here is in keeping with GAGR's values.

whistleblower

Bob McCowan (2)
The Parrot says what others are too afraid to say. It just may be BP was too weak to step in at the start. Every member of the team, KB (Kurtley Beale) included, has the right to be told when they are performing well, and when they are not. There is no room to have adhoc disciplinary procedures made up on the run by 'staff' and dealt out in an indiscriminant manner. Both KB (Kurtley Beale) and BP should have know better. But it is BP who is ultimately responsible.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The Parrot says what others are too afraid to say. It just may be BP was too weak to step in at the start. Every member of the team, KB (Kurtley Beale) included, has the right to be told when they are performing well, and when they are not. There is no room to have adhoc disciplinary procedures made up on the run by 'staff' and dealt out in an indiscriminant manner. Both KB (Kurtley Beale) and BP should have know better. But it is BP who is ultimately responsible.

That is the most batshit crazy thing I've read all day. And I work with some real head cases.

Well played, sir!

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Pfitzy you know exactly where it is going. Two pages of arms linked whinging with each other about Jones before we retreat to the corners with cudgels raised! BP and KB (Kurtley Beale) already mentioned in the opening flurry.

That is why the Mods should close it off before it runs to 50 pages!

They deserve a rest anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.