• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Alan Lewis strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
This guy is an absolute clown.

How many forward passes do you wanna let the Welsh throw ? Wales won a tighthead thanks to the foot of their openside Martyn Williams. They continue to use Lewis himself to obstruct the Aussie defence. And I see he's carried on his vendetta against Stephen Moore from the HK Bledisloe. Binned for killing the ball - what a myth - he simply could not roll away from that mess of bodies.

S

Spook

Allan Lewis strikes again

Consistency? R Jones commits a cynical foul when Oz on attack in 22. No card - Moore got carded for the same. Digby Ioane tackled in the air - Welsh get penalty . Welsh players laying on the wrong side all match. Damn frustrating. Wales were awesome in the first half but Lewis is a cvnt.

The Aussies like they were going forward in the scrums to me.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Re: Allan Lewis strikes again

I already have an 'Alan Lewis is a cheating fluffybunny' thread going but yeah, hard to fucking believe that effort. Worst reffing I've ever seen.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Re: Alan Lewis

That penalty which gave Wales the 21-13 lead was an absolutely shocker. The Welsh winger was infront of M Williams and never retreated before contesting the ball, and he pings Ioane for holding on?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

At that moment I expected him to turn to the camera and do this

images

P

PhucNgo

Cracker of a match, and Wales probably deserved to win, but can anyone tell me whether they were playing the offside-tackle ELV? If not then Jones' last penalty was fair as the Welsh player who went in to take the ball from Ione was onside i.e. it was general play as it could be argued that no ruck had formed, but if the ELV was in play then he was clearly offside i.e. on the wrong side of the tackle and Smith had plenty of reason to complain.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)

The Stephen Moore card was clearly wrong. But he highlighted how wrong it was by not carding the Welsh player who did the same 5m out.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)

You could see the players just wanted to throttle him. Shocking shocking performance. Whether its intentional or not he clearly has a thing against the Aussies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)

Spook said:
Consistency? R Jones commits a cynical foul when Oz on attack in 22. No card - Moore got carded for the same. Digby Ioane tackled in the air - Welsh get penalty . Welsh players laying on the wrong side all match. Damn frustrating. Wales were awesome in the first half but Lewis is a cvnt.

The Aussies like they were going forward in the scrums to me.

PhucYes

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

PhucNgo said:
Cracker of a match, and Wales probably deserved to win, but can anyone tell me whether they were playing the offside-tackle ELV? If not then Jones' last penalty was fair as the Welsh player who went in to take the ball from Ione was onside i.e. it was general play as it could be argued that no ruck had formed, but if the ELV was in play then he was clearly offside i.e. on the wrong side of the tackle and Smith had plenty of reason to complain.

Have seen the last 5 minutes of the game and that was a glaring error - offside lines are formed at tackle I thought, which means the Welsh winger who came into the tackle area was the first offender. But Lewis has a hard-on for players off their feet, so it went their way.

However I noticed in the last frantice scramble where we had the ball that Lewis didn't penalise us for going off our feet despite us doing exactly what we did in the forward bully in their 22 just a few minutes before. Was he trying to balance the ledger?

R

rugbywhisperer

Following Alan Lewis's attrocious performance in Hong Kong, I decided to do a referee assessment last night and if he were being assessed at local level he would not have received a good score.
His positional play was terrible, he missed (or ignored) many forward passes, particularly by the Welsh, their first try should have been brought back for a penalty to Australia and finally the last penalty should have gone to Australia for the Welsh player coming into the T/R/M from the side before the Aussie player left his feet.
Simple assessment guidelines,
Did the right team win - maybe
Were any points scored that shouldn't have been scored - Yes
Were any points not scored that should have been - No
Did the disputed points influence the result of the game - definitely yes.
Once the T/R/M and baal position has been established, he is 'ball focused' which means he is not then scanning for offside or other offences and consequently the Welsh were consistently offside that the T/R/M/ and wer not pinged due to his incompetance.
He is also committing a cardinal sin WRT refereeing - he is refereeing the players and not the game, hence his preoccupation with Stephen Moore. At the scrum he has no clue whatsoever and is guessing most of his decisions on preconceived suspicion. This man should NOT be refereeing international matches.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

Having seen the first 45 minutes now, I have to see he was reasonably consistent with players off their feet.

However, as RW has implied above: he's refereeing the actions of the players, not the effect on the game. That penalty early in the second half Waugh gave away going off his feet when NO Welsh players were contesting the ball is a prime example.

The forwards passes are occasionally forgiveable - but not when he's got two blokes on the sideline who are meant to help him.

By far his worst crime was not keeping Wales onside at ruck time. He was so busy officiating the ruck he forgot the "last feet" rule.

Also agree about the yellow card for Welsh forward stepping over the ruck onto Burgess' hands. However we should have protected Burgo better and thrown the Jonesy prick back onto his red-shirted territory.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)

Geez you guys let the SH down badly!
A complete clean sweep of all games would have been nice.

So hows the loss and Dean in particular being taken back home?

M

Mainlander

Knew you'd lose this one when I saw he was the ref and Waugh had been picked to start.

Waugh has started in all (I think) of your losses this year.

R

rugbywhisperer

Virgil said:

It wasn't a loss, it's called theft and authorities have been informed..
Perpetrator is an ageing irishman, often two faced in communication, impersonates a referee.

Virgil

Larry Dwyer (12)

rugbywhisperer said:
Virgil said:

It wasn't a loss, it's called theft and authorities have been informed..
Perpetrator is an ageing irishman, often two faced in communication, impersonates a referee.

And i thought we were paranoid about being robbed.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
finally the last penalty should have gone to Australia for the Welsh player coming into the T/R/M from the side before the Aussie player left his feet.

Not only that but Digby Ioane was tackled in the air.

Not only Lewis but all the refs from this November test window have been more concerned about what the attacking team is doing at the R&M & are forgetting to watch the defending team.

I do not blame Alan Lewis for the loss as it took the Wallabies to go behind by 8 points with 2 minutes of play left before they started to move the ball in hand & have a real go rather than just up & under.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Moving on from the post mortem, it does seem to me that there maybe a serious issue with Alan Lewis and the Wallabies. Is there any opportunity for say Deans or Jim Williams to have a chat with him to clear the air? In the NRL, there are opportunities for coaches to discuss particular decisions with the referees bopss - is there the same opportunity under the IRB?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
No - refs are sacred cows under IRB guidelines. There are pre-game discussions but more often than not the ref has last say on anything. The assessment process for refs is not very transparent and, with such a shortage of refs at all levels of the game, we're kind of lucky to have what we've got...

Status
Not open for further replies.