• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Black Squad for Inbound Tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Newcomers are: Aaron Cruden, Israel Dagg,Benson Stanley and Victor Vito.

Notable omissions: Rodney So-oiala, Luke McAlister, Isaac Ross, Liam Messam, Hosea Gear, John Afoa, Brendon Leonard, Tanerau Latimer and Corey Flynn.

Injured: Mike Delany (shoulder), Stephen Donald (shoulder), Jason Eaton (knee), Andrew Hore (shoulder), Ma'a Nonu (knee), Sitiveni Sivivatu (shoulder), Isaia Toeava (hip) and Ali Williams (Achilles).

Backs: Cory Jane (Wellington Hurricanes), Israel Dagg (Otago Highlanders), Mils Muliaina (Waikato Chiefs), Joe Rokocoko (Auckland Blues), Zac Guildford (Canterbury Crusaders), Conrad Smith (Hurricanes), Richard Kahui (Chiefs) Benson Stanley (Blues), Aaron Cruden (Hurricanes), Daniel Carter (Crusaders), Jimmy Cowan (Highlanders), Piri Weepu (Hurricanes).

Forwards: Kieran Read (Crusaders), Richie McCaw (Crusaders, captain), Adam Thomson (Highlanders), Jerome Kaino (Blues), Victor Vito (Hurricanes), Brad Thorn (Crusaders), Anthony Boric (Blues), Tom Donnelly (Highlanders), Owen Franks (Crusaders), Neemia Tialata (Hurricanes), Ben Franks (Crusaders), Tony Woodcock (Blues), Keven Mealamu (Blues), Aled de Malmanche (Chiefs).

12 June v Ireland, 19 June V Wales, 26 June v Wales

B

Boomy

Only 1 native openside in McCaw. Would've added Messam/Latimer just for cover..

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm surprised Braid didn't get the callup, he's signed with a kiwi team for next year, and he's fit now right?

C

chief

I'm surprised Braid didn't get the callup, he's signed with a kiwi team for next year, and he's fit now right?

Very surprised about Braid as well. Would have provided a great cover for McCaw, even having McCaw as #6 and Braid at #7 that could work alright. But McCaw at 7 in the later half of the S14 season was pretty impressive.

Will be very hard for them to leave Braid out for the End of year Internationals.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
McCaw will play 80 unless injured and Thompson is the cover, Latimer is playing for the Maori side so this way both the top 7's get gametime.

Dagg and Vito are two good selections, Cruden is the "wildcard". Stanley is almost the last 12 standing.

J

Jury

Hey Scorz

How you doing mate? And absolutely: Thompson is back up to McCaw.

And Weepu made it. I'm pleased about that.

J

Jury

It's difficult. I've always liked Braid and thought he was one of those under-rated players, but there's a bit of a gulf between him at international level and other 7s.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Not a bad squad, glad Dagg made it, he's looking pretty classy. Weepu can count himself lucky I think, Mathewson, Brett not so much.

Not seen enough of Cruden to be sold on him yet, seems to be a lot of hype, I guess it's a good idea to get him involved with the setup early on, if he's seen as the heir apparent.

Not sure what Rutledge has to do to get called up, ADM is one very very very lucky man.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hey Scorz

How you doing mate? And absolutely: Thompson is back up to McCaw.

And Weepu made it. I'm pleased about that.
Jury! Long time no see! All good mate. And you?

Can't wait to see the first backline of the year - got a feeling we're going to see a curveball.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Rene Ranger and B Smith have been called in to train with the AB's - surprisingly for me Ranger is not a Maori, so he can't play for them. Having him train with the AB's is clearly the next best thing. I'm a fan. I'm also a fan of him increasing his accuracy.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
Rene Ranger and B Smith have been called in to train with the AB's - surprisingly for me Ranger is not a Maori, so he can't play for them. Having him train with the AB's is clearly the next best thing. I'm a fan. I'm also a fan of him increasing his accuracy.

i'm also surprised by that. so what is he then?? do you know the required percentage of maori heritage to get in the team? it's kinda funny to see who does. wasn't jason eaton in it last time? and braid has been too i think.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Amazed Mathewson couldn't make it but Weepu did. Thought Mathewson was consistently good for the Blues this year.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
i'm also surprised by that. so what is he then?? do you know the required percentage of maori heritage to get in the team? it's kinda funny to see who does. wasn't jason eaton in it last time? and braid has been too i think.

IIRC the Maori heritage tree goes from the top: Waka (Canoe they arrived in) or Tribe, Iwi or sub-tribe (neighbourhood) and hapu (extended family) and then whanau (immediate family). I could be completely wrong. Jury would know for sure.

Anyway as long as you can name the Iwi or sub-tribe you belong to, and the Iwi recognises you belong to that by being able to identify the connection via a blood relative, you're in. Ranger can't, so he's farked.

Status
Not open for further replies.