• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Jeez, cry me a river, boys. We're playing not just Ireland's, but Munster's fifth-choice second-row in Micko, a one-capper at blindside, an uncapped Dan Tuohy, a two-capped starting hooker, an one-capped reserve hooker, ANDREW FUCKING TRIMBLE FFS! - no Earls, Fitzgerald, POC, Fla, Ferris, Paddy Wallace, Leamy... Oh, and Reddan's in shite form, too. The others are all out on their feet after 18 months of non-stop rugby.

We're going to get reamed.
Kiss of death daai my Ierse Boer, never swear at a dominee!

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
What avatar?

Because, to be perfectly frank; if you don't do us by more than ten, then come the 3N, you're looking at 1998 II; The Reaming...

Bollocks, it's freezing in Nu Plumuth. And will probably rain. And blow 40 bastards.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Bollocks, it's freezing in Nu Plumuth. And will probably rain. And blow 40 bastards.

Yeah, yeah, next it'll be whining about Wayne Barnes (who, since he's from west of the Severn and would have been Welsh if he were born five miles further west, hates us like poison).

Ream us, or you'd better learn the Kitchen Dutch for "be gentle with us, Bakkies". And you'd better hope the Anzac spirit extends to lube before, a reach-around during and a kiss and a cuddle after, too...

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Yeah, yeah, next it'll be whining about Wayne Barnes (who, since he's from west of the Severn and would have been Welsh if he were born five miles further west, hates us like poison).

Ream us, or you'd better learn the Kitchen Dutch for "be gentle with us, Bakkies". And you'd better hope the Anzac spirit extends to lube before, a reach-around during and a kiss and a cuddle after, too...
Haha, wuss!

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
Alright then; if you do beat us by more than ten, you have to have a Dingo Deans in Cantab gear avatar for a month. If you don't, I have to have Cooder the Vile for a month. You up for it?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Heaslip red carded in the 15th minute for a knee to the head. The evidence is pretty damning.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
Right, send me the link Thomo.

Shocking display by the AB's in the second half conceding that manny points - but the first 40mins were brutal. Great Debut by Dagg.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
So, I presume you will keep posting to a bare minimum for a month, Scorz, to save the embarrassment of the new avatar??

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Never, Scorz. Just thought the idea of a Cantab outfit might stick in your craw a little!! Happy to see your contributions any day of the week...even Bledisloe week.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Heaslip gets a 5 week ban which means he misses the Wallabies test

A pity - he's a top player; not Harinordoquy but very close. What was he thinking??

The send off of Heaslip for kneeing McCaw after 15 minutes was a hammer blow. There is no excuse for what he did but if you are going to do it, it may as well be to somebody killing the ball. ROG was no smarter in what he did to Jane because his handbag act had him sitting down for 10 minutes during which the Blacks got 21 points and the test match.

It was good to see some of the Irish lads in a different setting, like strangers in a strange land: Mick O'Driscoll looking as ever like the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, but no strawman and DOC, who said, famously, in response to a comment on Munster's strangling play protecting a lead in an HC final: "Who cares; I've got a winners medal in my arse pocket." You've gotta love guys like that.

Full marks to the boys in green for coming back in the 2nd half and if we think that the Ireland backs will be just as clueless as the Poms playing the Wallabies, think again. Bowe, BOD and D'Arcy were grand after oranges and Trimble had some good moments too. Kearney did not have his best day but we can't count on his being like that again if we remember him 2 years ago when he was MOTM in a losing team.

Ireland will be better served at out half by Sexton for their test here and I was surprised that he did not start against the Blacks. ROG has been a good servant for Ireland but the layers of excellence and coolness are peeling away.

Dagg had a good debut for NZ. I thought that playing for the lowly Highlanders would have cruelled his chances for national selection but his class told. And he's off to the bloody Crusaders next year.

I liked Stanley's first game too. He's a straight running facilitator who makes good decisions and better than the confidence player McAllister. Nonu will get his job back when fit but the All Blacks are fortunate to have two types of 2nd 5s in their stable. Stanley has good blood lines and we have seen some cousins play decently for the Dragons in another code.

I thought that Read, not a natural 8 in my book, but learning the trade relentlessly, had a top game. It makes one wonder if Rocky could convert also.

Was surprised that NZ eased up in the 2nd half, or seemed to; it very un-All Blackish.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Huge disappointment that this ended as a contest in the 15th min but there's the rub of the green......

Buckley and DOC were great, Wallace a goer and Trimble by far the best back with his penetration and workrate. BOD strangely anonymous until the AB dirties were all on the park.

Dagg looked the goods and provides the ABs with depth at fullback behind Muliaina (not forgeting Jane, Toeava and Ben Smith are also F/B candidates).

Stanley was workmanlike but I'd imagine the Irish would have been glad Nonu was out injured, likewise Sivivatu.

New AB forwards Whitelock, Franks and Vito had productive debuts although I'd be suprised if any of the debutants will start in the Tri-Nations (injuries notwithstanding).

The AB factory keeps churning them out.

The Irish have got a bit of regrouping to do before Brisbane - I guess they'll have a look at a few in the Maori match.

Maybe it's time to promote some of the reserves bench/younger brigade.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Lance Free: I too saw the game. Let me ask please: assuming Ireland had preserved 15 players on the park for 80, do you think Ireland or Australia would have won on Saturday night in Perth if that Ireland team had played Oz instead of England?

Status
Not open for further replies.