• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Wales (1st Test)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Wales

Lee Byrne (Ospreys); Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues), Andrew Bishop (Ospreys), Jamie Roberts (Cardiff Blues), Tom Prydie (Ospreys); Stephen Jones (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Ospreys); Paul James (Ospreys), Matthew Rees (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Bradley Davies (Cardiff Blues), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Jonathan Thomas (Ospreys), Gavin Thomas (Newport Gwent Dragons), Ryan Jones (Ospreys, captain).

Reserves: Huw Bennett (Ospreys), John Yapp (Cardiff Blues), Deiniol Jones (Cardiff Blues), Rob McCusker (Scarlets), Tavis Knoyle (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets).

*Wales are missing Andy Powell, Shane Williams, James Hook, Gethin Jenkins, Tom Shanklin, Luke Charteris and Duncan Jones, all for a variety of reasons (mainly injury).

All Blacks

Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Benson Stanley, Joe Rokocoko, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (captain), Victor Vito, Anthony Boric, Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks.

Reserves: Aled de Malmanche, Tony Woodcock, Sam Whitelock, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Richard Kahui.

*Victor Vito's been promoted to the starting lineup, replacing Jerome Kaino (rested). Bench changes include The Myth for Tialata, Adam Thomson for Vito and Richard Kahui for Zac Guildford.

This is the last test to be played at the House of Pain (Carisbrook) - new stadium is being built for the RWC at another Dunedin location.

Chances of Wales defeating the All Blacks for the first time since 1953 are…..zip.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Will be a interesting test, to see the way Wales react after the Bok B team brought them down in Cardiff. Big score coming up.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Whenever we get cocky, we seem to be in for a surprise, so I'm in no mood for getting cocky now. Hopefully it'll be a half decent match and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Franks brothers get on against one of the hair beers.

Although, getting sick of my Welsh bud's getting the excuses in early about the amount of injuries they have! Last week, I think the start of the AB thread on this site was "last man standing" so we certainly are down a few. Although, they did seem to step it up last week, so maybe we've found a new front line.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Although, getting sick of my Welsh bud's getting the excuses in early about the amount of injuries they have! Last week, I think the start of the AB thread on this site was "last man standing" so we certainly are down a few. Although, they did seem to step it up last week, so maybe we've found a new front line.

Injured or coming back from injury are Muliaina, Sivivatu, Kahui (now back on bench), McAlister (back for NZ Maori), Nonu, Toeava, Delany, Hore, Woodcock (now back on bench), Donnelly, Williams, Eaton, Flynn (back for NZ Maori) - so you've got a fairly substantive argument Major......

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
This game may well be dictated by the quality of the benches; NZ have a pretty strong bench while Wales' bench is weakend by injury.

Is this Tom Prydie's 2nd test? Anyone know much about him?
'

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whenever we get cocky, we seem to be in for a surprise, so I'm in no mood for getting cocky now. Hopefully it'll be a half decent match and I'm looking forward to seeing how the Franks brothers get on against one of the hair beers.

Is the "we" the fans/media or the players? Even if the fans get cocky, I somehow fail to see how that translates to player performance.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Is this Tom Prydie's 2nd test? Anyone know much about him?

Good young player and just 18. He is Wales youngest ever player. He looked OK in his 1st test IIRR but definitely for Ospreys later in the season.

Looks fast and can run with the ball. Watch this space.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Is the "we" the fans/media or the players? Even if the fans get cocky, I somehow fail to see how that translates to player performance.
Bont worry , you lot should put at least put 30+ past those Welschmen. Cant see them getting close to the All Blacks.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)

Fans, media & myself. It translates as the opposition throw caution to the wind and will often get a result. The French especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.