• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks vs Springbokke @ Wellington

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Here come the shock. Bokke to beat the All Blacks at home. They will underestimate the Springbokke and is ripe for the picking.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Here come the shock. Bokke to beat the All Blacks at home. They will underestimate the Springbokke and is ripe for the picking.

The Boks will certainly be fired up, and the recent injuries to Messam and Whitelock certainly weaken the team, but I think the ABs are too professional to be complacent and they still regard SA as their strongest rival (at least I think they do). I think we will win by less than 10 points.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Based on what?
Putting 50 up vs the Wallabies and the Bokke losing to the Wallabies. The word is complacency. One thing the Bokke have is the Old Age Home experience, when they see All Blacks in front of them, it give them spring in the step.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
The Boks will certainly be fired up, and the recent injuries to Messam and Whitelock certainly weaken the team, but I think the ABs are too professional to be complacent and they still regard SA as their strongest rival (at least I think they do). I think we will win by less than 10 points.

I hadn't seen that Whitelock was out. So Thrush in? We're in a funny spot where we have two really sensational locks and then a fair drop to a solid 3rd stringer (although injured Romano is good at what he's good at - whether you would describe that as "being a lock" rather than "being a general menace" is another question). Maybe Thrush will gear up a bit more, he's certainly got ticker.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
We will do well to lose this by less than 20. We're in a bad place at the moment.

No real scrumhalf, flyhalf who looks out of sorts, an inside centre that is played out of position, and Willie Le Roux kicking more than a donkey all of a sudden, and doing it badly.

Not to mention our scrumming frailties, which were masked vs Aus. We were destroyed by Argentina, and they were duly munched by the All Blacks. Not a good sign at all.

Also, I have never seen Victor look that disinterested in a match, he looks like he's just picking up paychecks now.

This will be messy.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Argentina smashed the NZ scrum? Agree with Matfield, he's gotta go. Seems he's only there for a lineout.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Argentina smashed the NZ scrum? Agree with Matfield, he's gotta go. Seems he's only there for a lineout.

No. Read again.

I am one of the biggest Steyn and Matfield fans you will find, but at the moment they're basically keeping hungrier, better players out of the starting line-up.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Also, I have never seen Victor look that disinterested in a match, he looks like he's just picking up paychecks now.
Thats the biggest problem with the old age home Bokke. Also the reason why I predict a Bokke win. They need challenges to get the spring back and the All Blacks in NZ will bring this.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Thats the biggest problem with the old age home Bokke. Also the reason why I predict a Bokke win. They need challenges to get the spring back and the All Blacks in NZ will bring this.

I REALLY hope you're right. I was still on board for these old guys to play until the weekend, as they seemed hungry enough in the home tests.

But after watching that drivel on the weekend, I think we need players who will be hungry even when we play against Namibia - in other words, like it is their last game. This adds momentum to each performance, and indeed more cohesion as everyone else in the team will know what to expect from you every week.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
and Dewald Welcome in the Aussie house. You and Blou will be big friends. We come some way as posters.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Indeed. Nonetheless, Heyneke isn't stupid. I refuse to think he doesn't have a plan. He ALWAYS had a direction of thinking at the Bulls.

Perhaps he doesn't want to overplay the youngsters this year, and leave them fresh for next year, I don't know. If it all turns out to be pointless next year, then I will be very disappointed.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
and Dewald Welcome in the Aussie house. You and Blou will be big friends. We come some way as posters.

Thanks Oom. I was here a few years ago, but I was too busy on the other sites. Now that they've all reached a dead end, this is a good alternative.

I always find Blue's insights interesting as a reader, but surprisingly I do not always agree with them. :p

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thanks Oom. I was here a few years ago, but I was too busy on the other sites. Now that they've all reached a dead end, this is a good alternative.

I always find Blue's insights interesting as a reader, but surprisingly I do not always agree with them. :p
Ja you Bulls supporters are a bunch of korrelkoppe (Grumpy Old Women with wet panties). Keep up the good work.

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Ja you Bulls supporters are a bunch of korrelkoppe (Grumpy Old Women with wet panties). Keep up the good work.

Thing is, like any WP supporter, we don't like losing, and we don't accept mediocrity.

Take Frans Ludeke, for example - most of us think he needs "changing". But that's a chat for a different thread.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Thing is, like any WP supporter, we don't like losing, and we don't accept mediocrity.

Take Frans Ludeke, for example - most of us think he needs "changing". But that's a chat for a different thread.
I use to do the CC in the past, but it was a bit lonely, so decided not to waiste my time. Good to see the Brutes lifting their heads on saturday. Pumas and WP on a bit of a roll at the moment. Stonehouse surely look like putting out some statements.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
A number of ABs were very quiet vs the Argies and will probably be looking to bounce back in a big way - Ben Smith, Nonu and Conrad to name a few.

Thrush has slipped into the starting role before when one of our 2 first choicers haven't played. He looked very strong and efficient last weekend.

What we do at 6 is more interesting. I'd like to see Luatua start with Cane bringing the impact.

Starting to get fired up for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.