• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Anti-Siphoning legislation change... what it means for rugby union fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyDR

Bob McCowan (2)
I'm Glad you started this discussion TOCC, I was a little nervous being that I don't have Fox and like MrMouse will flat out refuse to pay a network to watch something which should be free and available to all.

Being from QLD I have never had to deal with the delayed broadcasts those from outside QLD and NSW have had to put up with so I’m pleased you will be getting a fair crack now. I’m chalking this up as a win for Rugby though as I was genuinely worried we would get shafted.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Should we expect to pay nothing though? Procurement of the media rights is expensive in the professional sporting world and somebody ends up paying. If a FTA network pays for the rights and schedules the coverage for when most commercially convenient for them, I don't know that we can realistically complain. I mean, we may not like it, but there's always Foxtel.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Channel 7two has just moved the sopranos to 7mate which means I cant tape it on Foxtel.

I was pretty pissed at this and went to Dick Smith and have bought an HD set top box that can "tape" programs to a memory stick from ANY free channel including the extra digital channels for $79. It will solve any issues if you dont have Foxtel

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, sure does. I have an El Gato EyeTV USB stick for that exact purpose. It records in HD onto my computer, which is hooked up to the telly and Bob's yer uncle.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
With Rugby being a fringe sport here in WA (and Australia more to the point), i'm really glad for Foxtel. Even if I have to pay, I get to see the sport I love being given the attention in my opinion it deserves. There's nothing better than when Super rugby is on and you record all 7 games, and you get to watch a rugby game every night of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.