• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Los Jaguares 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
I'm excited to see how the they will play, they can certainly play that territorial and set piece oriented style of the NH but if they threw the ball around i think they could be quite dangerous. I dont think the vast majority of their squad has even played alot of professional footy before so i think once they all start getting consistent games together they could be a tough team to deal with. Also they will be the only super rugby team where the national team will comprise of pretty much the same team so the combinations that formed at Super level will be able to grow even further in the Rugby Championship.

Also i really hope they sign Tomas Lavanini. Hes could really be the argentinian Retallick or Etzebeth.

T

TOCC

It's been released that SANZAR CEO Greg Peters will assume the top position at the UAR... Great signing, it will give the UAR the administration and corporate knowledge required to run a Super Rugby team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

French based props Ramiro Herrera and Santiago Garcia Botta have become the latest signings for Argentina's new Super Rugby franchise.

Argentina's Super Rugby side now have 4 international props on their books for 2016, taking the total number of Argentina test players signed for 2016 to to 21 players.

Make no mistake, Argentina are assembling quite a formidable side for the 2016 Super Rugby tournament.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
French based props Ramiro Herrera and Santiago Garcia Botta have become the latest signings for Argentina's new Super Rugby franchise.

Argentina's Super Rugby side now have 4 international props on their books for 2016, taking the total number of Argentina test players signed for 2016 to to 21 players.

Make no mistake, Argentina are assembling quite a formidable side for the 2016 Super Rugby tournament.

I agree but they have many ups and downs. For example, this team beat France in Paris last year but this year they lost against Fiji Warriors by 2 points :confused:

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Will also be interesting to see the impact it has on their national side, - playing together all year rather than in 3 different leagues.

T

TOCC

Possible name and colours

A new name would be good but it's rumoured to be Los Jaguares.

Dodgy online translation:

On the basis of the confirmed roster, the rest of the details are well defined, but some are a mystery. The shirt will be made by Nike and would be inspired by the skin of a feline, while the shield would be a cougar hugging a jaguar, symbolizing the union of the first and second national team. Name? We know it will not be Pampas XV and all roads lead to Jaguares.​

T

TOCC

Just to give an idea of the calibre of the Argentina Super Rugby team for 2016, this is the lineup for the semi-final against Australia. Those players who have signed to the Argentina Super Rugby team for 2016 are indicated by bold and in the brackets.

15. Joaquin Tuculet (Signed)
14. Santiago Cordero (Signed)
13. Marcelo Bosch
12. Juan Martin Hernandez (Signed)
11. Juan Imhoff
10. Nicolas Sanchez (signed)
9. Martin Landajo (signed)
8. Leonardo Senatore (signed)
7. Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe
6. Pablo Matera (Signed)
5. Tomas Lavanini (Signed)
4. Guido Petti (Signed)
3. Ramiro Herrera (Signed)
2. Agustin Creevy (Signed)
1. Marcos Ayerza

16. Julian Montoya
17. Lucas Noguera Paz (Signed)
18. Juan Figallo
19. Matias Alemanno (Signed)
20. Facunddo Isa (Signed)
21. Tomas Cubelli (reportedly set to sign with Brumbies)
22. Jeronimo de le Fuente (Signed)
23. Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino

Edit: updated as of 11 Nov 15

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Assuming it sells out week after week, the atmosphere will be ridiculous.

Worst comes to worst, if there's consistently more demand for tickets than there is available, they move to a bigger stadium in 2017.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Hmm it seems a strange choice:

This the only stand at the ground currently, the statement reads that a temporary stand will be erected on the opposite side of the pitch(expanding capacity from 5k to 10k) which will be dismantled following the season, lighting will be upgraded to HDTV Broadcast requirements and the change rooms will also be upgraded.

Its going to be a unique atmosphere that's for sure...
1920px-CA_San_Isidro_grandstand.jpg

casi1.jpg

proxy

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sportsbet have the Argies at 21:1. In their conference I feel like only the Stormers would be able to match them for calibre and given how competitive the NZ sides will be you'd have to think they would be a good chance of being a top seed. I'd say that was a bet well worth making.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hope they have signed up maradonna as their no. 1 ticket holder as marketing gold to have such a national icon in soccer mad country get behind the puma's in rwc

I also like the idea of smaller stadium to start As getting sold out stadium fixtures makes good look and marketing wise more appealing to tv viewers - need to get a bigger stadium for 2017 would be a good thing

Status
Not open for further replies.