• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU lets down Ex-pats for Northern Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

reilly weston

Little has been made of this... but..

ARU has stopped selling Ex-Pat tickets directly to Northern Tour games. They seem to have sold out to package tours and "suggest" going direct to the individual nations ticket sellers.

I have been on average to 2 NH games each year for the last 7 years with a crew of dedicated Aussies.....England, Ireland, France, Wales, Scotland, Italy.... Not anymore. Thanks ARU.

http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/TicketsHospitality/2012SpringTour.aspx

PinkRugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Oh wow that's really sad! Getting tickets to any game in the NH is difficult enough with their system! I always took advantage of the ex-pat tickets they sold to the end of year tours when I lived in London. Poor form by the ARU in my opinion and it will mean less Aussies in the crowd supporting our boys!

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
It does suck, I was wondering why that option didn't exist anymore.
There is still a chance though - I emailed the ticket officer at the RFU and they got back to me pretty quickly - I sent off the form yesterday so fingers crossed I should have tickets.

R

reilly weston

I think the worst thing about it is that the ARU did it in the sly... Usually they send emails to ex-pats around July... this year silence!

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I guess it's a pain that you have to deal with 4 different methods to purchase tickets, but how is that any different to when we purchase tickets back here?

Is the issue that they use to have an allocation/area purely for away supporters?

R

reilly weston

Not having to buy tickets from foreign language websites is always a plus. And yes, there used to be dedicated sections for away fans.

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
ARU have been pathetic about this, no idea how it works over here. International Matches (especially england) nearly always sell out (there will 70k+ at Twickhenham for the match against Fiji), thus meaning in order to even have a chance of buying a ticket you need to first purchases a national supporters club membership as such and then buy your ticket, this is good for home fans as it guarantees good home support (unlike at aussie home matches were we shamefully accomadate hordes of kiwi's) and at least 3-4 matches in the capital but completely unfeasible for away fans or one offs. Usally the away team are given an allocation of tickets and it is UP TO THEM TO SELL IT. It is simply insulting that they even suggest buying from the benders at the fanatics/bogans on tour instead.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Has anyone written to the ARU to voice their displeasure and asked for an explanation why? If enough ex-pats do perhaps they'll change their tune. It's a fair beat that those at the ARU have never bought a ticket to a rugby game. They may not realize what a challenge it is when living overseas.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I've noticed that the RFU process mentions an expat allocation, mean while the other games don't. So I can see an issue.

No surprise, considering it's a stretch to even get an allocation/group booking for matches in Australia.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
you need to first purchases a national supporters club membership as such and then buy your ticket, this is good for home fans as it guarantees good home support (unlike at aussie home matches were we shamefully accomadate hordes of kiwi's)
Problem is, the Wallabies don't have a specific home ground.

There's that Wallabies First membership rubbish, however that's is a rip off, and not in the same domain of what you speak.

grousehouse

Bob McCowan (2)
Last couple of Wallabies games at Twickenham I've got tickets through the 'public allocation' from ticketmaster which is usually late October - they don't release many (most english people get their tickets through their clubs). Worth a shot though if you've missed out through other channels. Always barely any Aussies their compared to other games.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Looks like they're using the fanatics as a reseller, and it doesn't look that different to what they had in the past to me, unless I'm missing something.

Fanatics have a cat 4 Twickenham ticket for $151 including a hat or beanie. Compare this with the 2004 ARU allocation which was over GBP100 (AUD 300 at the time) and included a fluorescent jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.