• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Attention Australian backs: Passing 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spook

Please attend passing 101 at your local academy as you are absolutely crap it (Gits, Cooper excluded). That is all.

R

rugbywhisperer

Queensland tonight showed a brilliant display of backing up and short passing - what a game

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Spook said:
Please attend passing 101 at your local academy as you are absolutely crap it (Gits, Cooper excluded). That is all.
Absolutely disagree. Barnes is good at it too! ;)

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Gee, I thought our backs were the best in the world ? And that if only our forwards obtained parity, the backs could be 'unleashed' ? :lmao: :lmao:

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
naza said:
Gee, I thought our backs were the best in the world ? And that if only our forwards obtained parity, the backs could be 'unleashed' ? :lmao: :lmao:

Mate, you don't read my posts :) I have maintained for 3-4 years that Australia's (especially the Tahs') backs have been crap.

What would you expect with E. Jones as backline coach? No, the statute of limitations on Jones basjing has not been reached.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Biffo said:
naza said:

Mate, you don't read my posts :) I have maintained for 3-4 years that Australia's (especially the Tahs') backs have been crap.

What would you expect with E. Jones as backline coach? No, the statute of limitations on Jones basjing has not been reached.

Actually our backline decline started once we fired Jones.

Australian backs are no good at off the cuff, creative rugby. Its why we get beaten in 7s rugby by the likes of Kenya.

We'll get the predictable calls for NSW to have a backline coach but there's not much point when guys cannot execute basic skills.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
naza said:
Maybe they were at one stage; that stage is not now. The talent is there, the tactics and skillset are lacking. At least in today's examples from the Force (to a lesser degree) and the Reds some of the missing elements were on display. I believe the cattle are there.

S

Spook

rugbywhisperer said:
Queensland tonight showed a brilliant display of backing up and short passing - what a game

Yep, Reds were excellent....because Barnes and Cooper can pass.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Spook said:
rugbywhisperer said:

They couldn't do it against the Tahs. Doesn't mean much if your skills wilt under pressure and against committed defence.

S

Spook

naza said:
Spook said:
rugbywhisperer said:

They couldn't do it against the Tahs. Doesn't mean much if your skills wilt under pressure and against committed defence.

True, but I don't think a number of the backs could pass with no pressure :nta:

Status
Not open for further replies.