• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aussie super 14 team of the week Round 6 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
15.James O'Conner (Mark Gerrard was also good)
14.Scott Staniforth
13.Stirling Mortlock
12.Tom carter
11.Drew Mitchell- such a bad week for selcting wingers
10.Matt Giteau
9.Luke Burgess
8.Julian Salvi
7.Pocock
6.Hodgson
5.Mark Chisolm
4.Thomson
3.Alexander (Out of position but he was class)
2.TPN
1.Benn Robinson (superstar 1st pick wallaby)

I know some of you will say "you can't pick 3 opensides" but that was the position they were playing last night.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
where are the Reds players! We were the only Australia team not to lose this weekend! $5 says Sharpie makes the Foxsport team of the week!

S

Spook

Staniforth touched the ball twice ;D He looked rusty but he hasn't played for yonks.

I'd have Valentine at 9.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'd have Staniforth - he knows how to find the line and has great application and strength. Hynes too has these qualities.
Mitchell - nowhere near it after recent performances. He's lazy, doesn't chase kicks and lacks the effort of the others. Plenty of ability, doesn't maximise it. Ioane too is ahead of just about all of them on this season's form, but didn't play the weekend.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mitchell still has tits for hands too. He and Burgess find just the right moment to do the wrong thing. Mitchell drops a critical ball with space to run into, Burgess throws a useless pass at Caldwell's ankles when we're hot on attack, etc.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Lindommer said:
Biffo said:
Easiest selection ever: the Reds' starting XV.

Back into your bed, Biffo.

One win and they are more annoying than Ireland supporters. Imagine how unbearable they'd be if they actually cracked the semi's sometime in the next 20 years ?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Here it is. Props to the person who predicted Sharpie would be there. He's the new G&G bastard love child.

Seeing as I unfortunately missed the Brumbies game, I don't think I can comment on the selections too much - apart from saying that the Force was awful, and the Tahs were merely bad. Not sure on the Waugh or Cross selection though, and feel that Tuqiri got rewarded for that one run.

AUSTRALIAN TEAM OF THE WEEK

Each week, Greg Growden and Rupert Guinness pick the form Australian Super 14 team.

15 James O'Connor (Force) (1)
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper (ACT) (1)
13 Ryan Cross (Force) (2)
12 Tyrone Smith (ACT) (1)
11 Lote Tuqiri(NSW) (2)
10 Matt Giteau (Force) (2)
9 Josh Valentine (Force) (2)
8 Wycliff Palu(NSW) (3)
7 Phil Waugh (NSW) (3)
6 Peter Kimlin (ACT) (1)
5 Nathan Sharpe (Force) (4)
4 Mark Chisholm(ACT) (2)
3 Dan Palmer (NSW) (1)
2 Stephen Moore (ACT) (4)
1 Benn Robinson (NSW) (4)

(Number of times selected in brackets).Player of the round: JAMES O'CONNOR. For the second week running, the teenage back was sensational for the Force. He clearly relishes playing at fullback.

Try of the round: MARK CHISHOLM. Not much to choose from this week, but the ACT second-rower's courage in charging down a Jaco Pretorius kick reaped rewards.

S

Spook

Ben Alexander had another cracking game. Scrummaging was good as well.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Lindommer said:
Biffo said:

I did that :) and reconsidered. The Reds' starting XV did their ratings as players no damage at the weekend. Some who took the field achieved a similar performance. The only Oz "players" who played above the norm at the weekend were Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson and Burgess. So, Reds' starting XV plus those three.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
naza said:
Lindommer said:
Biffo said:

One win and they are more annoying than Ireland supporters. Imagine how unbearable they'd be if they actually cracked the semi's sometime in the next 20 years ?

Are you implying that I am a Reds' supporter? I was a Tah supporter before you were born and have never varied.

BTW, Ireland supporters have a little more to cheer about than we Tah supporters?

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Biffo said:
naza said:
Lindommer said:
Biffo said:

Are you implying that I am a Reds' supporter? I was a Tah supporter before you were born and have never varied.

Like Joe McCarthy in the 50s, I pounce on any hint of Red sympathising.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
naza said:
Biffo said:
naza said:
Lindommer said:
Biffo said:

:) true, but sometimes we have to put the green and gold hats on.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
naza said:

And like Eddie Jones of the 00s, you jump on any bandwagon supporting the Brumbies...

S

Spook

NTA said:
naza said:

And like Eddie Jones of the 00s, you jump on any bandwagon supporting the Brumbies...

He doesn't really Nick (Naza that is). He generally hates most things :D

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
disco said:
7 Phil Waugh (NSW) (3)

Is this for real, did they watch any rugby on the weekend?

:lmao: Well, there are still people on here who claim Waugh is still good, and keep a straight face. People are sentimental creatures and don't want to admit Waugh is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.