• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A - Back on the Cards

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'd imagine that some of the players will be pulled into the Barbarians team in August.
They're saying a squad of 15 Australians for those Barbarians sides, augmented mostly with Japanese players I think.

They're also trying to setup an Aus A v Portugal game as a world cup warm up, but it's yet to be confirmed.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I’d go as far as saying he was our best but my word he’s a liability
I think he's improving and has all the attributes, but with his track record even one of these lapses sets him so far back. He needs to learn to laugh it off and walk away.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Thought O'Connor was good in the 2nd half, Wilson obviously the stand out off the bench followed closely by Fines-Leleiwasa. Flook also always seeming to end up in the position to finish off backline moves shouldn't be dismissed either.

Genuinely thought Foley would be a class above in this game but boy was I wrong.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Tupou got some time in his legs and is better for it. Thought Hanigan, Wilson and IFL had moments. Flook is for the future and keep an eye on him. After that it was a bit thin, really. Wilkin had some moments but more something for this level rather than looking for the next step.

Swinton is just clueless and can do that anywhere but a rugby field as far as I am concerned. JOC (James O'Connor) and Foley simply showing their age I think. Gordon has missed the boat.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
They're saying a squad of 15 Australians for those Barbarians sides, augmented mostly with Japanese players I think.

They're also trying to setup an Aus A v Portugal game as a world cup warm up, but it's yet to be confirmed.
What's the possible timeframe / venue for the Portugal game? I think another game would be great. Shame we can't get a game against the All Blacks XV or Japan or someone.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) was okay. Nothing good and nothing bad

Nah, he had some good bits. It's just that the competition speaks for itself. Kerevi or JOC (James O'Connor), Hmm. JOC (James O'Connor) is a great workman and has been a fabulous servant to the game. He's just not knock on the WB door and probably won't again.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Tonga though...Theyll get better from this and start to figure each other out more and I can't wait to watch Pool B now. South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Tonga and Romania (poor buggers)

I reckon someone is going to lose to Tonga and the Ireland v Scotland game will decide a QF. Can't see Tonga doing it twice and I think SA will just bludgeon it through the forwards against them.

Mr Arie

Herbert Moran (7)
My impression was that both Swinton and the Tongan got matching yellow cards, but another Australian was penalized for being the third man in? I swear the referee said that.
The penalty was originally Australia's but the extra stuff by Swinton on the ground caused the reversal.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Blokes like Foley and Gordon need to F off. Just average players who showed why they are consistently considered average.
Foley was good in his golden ages. Now he's a former player. If Dan Carter had been born in OZ would still has been an option at 41 year olds

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
I reckon someone is going to lose to Tonga and the Ireland v Scotland game will decide a QF. Can't see Tonga doing it twice and I think SA will just bludgeon it through the forwards against them.
Watch out! Scotland could be the Wales in 2015 RWC and who knows if SA or Ireland are the 2015 England lol

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
What's the possible timeframe / venue for the Portugal game? I think another game would be great. Shame we can't get a game against the All Blacks XV or Japan or someone.
August 28th, as a double head with a Wallabies vs France game in Paris. We could definitely use a game or 3 in the meantime.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Tonga though...Theyll get better from this and start to figure each other out more and I can't wait to watch Pool B now. South Africa, Ireland, Scotland, Tonga and Romania (poor buggers)

That's some pool isn't it

molman

Peter Johnson (47)