• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia A v Japan XV matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
You enter with bias. Vunivalu is mainly chasing the high ball - too much as you say. Also playing him into traffic. He's dangerous wide with space but things are falling apart with slow ball from 9 and unconvincing work in the centres. V has had some loose passes that look like the receiver being 1m slower than in training.

It's the same with Hanigan. He's not on the wing by dint of deciding on the spot that's what he'll do for goodness sake. He's made some nice after contact distance and less so other times.

Lonergan passing and kicking is not helping.
Of course I enter with bias as does every poster here. Relating to Vunivalu, my bias is that I haven't yet seen a game by him that measures up to the hype put on him by mostly Reds fans, and he has not yet shown any form anywhere that would justify Wallaby selection. I am therefore looking closely at him to see if there are any signs of improvement. Sad,ly, not so in this game so far.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I'm with BR on this one. Seeing why Rennie has been hesitant to select the man.

Good to see our discipline is shocking at all levels.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This ref is terrible. But good for these players to have to learn how to play under pressure. Exactly what we want from this tour.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I thought not straight was a short arm? fuck scrums are complicated.

Why would a not straight in a lineout be a short arm but a not straight in the scrum a full arm?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
wow

who'd have thought constantly arguing with the referee wouldn't result in the referee finding every single fucking indiscretion that australia makes.

australians need to learn how to stfu and maybe some of the refrees wouldn't end up being butt hurt and making fucked decisions

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I thought not straight was a short arm? fuck scrums are complicated.

Why would a not straight in a lineout be a short arm but a not straight in the scrum a full arm?

Commentators got the call wrong. No strike was the call. Pretty unusual but possibly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.