• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England: Match III, SCG, Sat 16th July 7.55pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
look i dont want to turn this into a red v blue thing on a soo night but i think gordon played less due to injury?

i think whats more important to rennie is who get us marching up the field more and gordons box kicks i think have been better than tates this season

but im an ex forward so i dont really trust either of them anyway with their fancy hairstyles and clean jerseys ....
Agreed, I think Gordon is getting the bench spot in a horses for courses situation. To me Tates a better sniper, whereas Gordon might slightly be better in the nuts and bolts aspects of halfback work, just my opinion. DR might see less opportunity for Tate against the structured/set-piece game of the English. Tate would definitely be up to the task, if we played someone else he might be the better option.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Makes sense. No slight on Leota. Just a reflection on lack on lock stocks and the fact he is the only one that can cover 4-8 on the bench. Hope Wilson grasps his opportunity.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
A few news articles this morning confirming that Wilson will start, but it’s unclear whether he or Valetini will be 6 or 8.

The number on their back is not important. If I were coach I would mix it up a bit, depending on field position, whose head, etc.

Reactions: dru

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
I don't know his junior career but he has played a lot at second row in Super Rugby. With Wells leaving Melbourne there's going to be more space for him at the backrow but I'm not sure if they are going to sign a quality lock to play with Philip, maybe he still be an option there

Hosea will be back & imo has the greatest potential of any lock coming through, I honestly believed 12 months ago he was stiff to get overlooked for Swain

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
We need to improve our breakdown work dramatically and Wilson will help. The row is an issue that I don't think Frost or LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will fix. Arnold must be unavailable as he was the logical and best choice for this series.
Rennie should move Valentini to 6 and Wilson at 8. I think V is a far better 6 than an 8, his linking and breakdown work is not as good as Wilson.

Last edited:

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So:
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Frost
6. Wilson
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Wright
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Koroibete
15. Hodge
16. Fainga’a
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Leota
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. O’Connor
23. Vunivalu

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I reckon we will see a 6-2 bench with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) in place of Vunivalu and only one Wilson. Valentini at 6 or 8

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So:
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Frost
6. Wilson
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Wright
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Koroibete
15. Hodge
16. Fainga’a
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Leota
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. O’Connor
23. Vunivalu
You've cloned Wilson - which in ok with.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Philip
5. Frost
6. Valentini
7. Hooper
8. Wilson
9. White
10. Lolesio
11. Wright
12. Kerevi
13. Ikitau
14. Koroibete
15. Hodge
16. Fainga’a
17. Slipper
18. Ala'alatoa
19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. O’Connor
23. Vunivalu

Although Leota has been good, we need Valentini back at his normal position (6) and a proper 8 in Wilson. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is a better suited 2nd rower than Leota and you can't leave Samu out. Unfortunately, I see him missing out all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.