• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v England @ Twickers 17 Nov 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So with Pocock, Ioane and Timani back, what do we do? All straight in?

Do we think Simmo will be suspended? Means Timani probably comes straight back via the bench, given the solid performance of Douglas.

Do we play Poey and Hooper together? We were monstored off the ruck ball, so will they help us counter that?

I know McCabe has earned respect, but I can't help but think a 12 Taps 13 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) centre combo seems a little more dangerous, allowing Diggers and Cummins out wide.

Barnes and Beale to be 10/15 too.

I'd start Moore as well.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Ioane definitely straight back in. We need someone (anyone) with some go forward in the backs. Timani also straight back in. Pocock on to the bench and play them both together later in the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think we need to continue with the McCabe/Tapuai centre combo the way it is.

Pocock at least on the bench.

Moore to start.

Maybe Timani to 6.

Ioane to start if fit at the expense of Cummins.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Douglas
5. Sharpe
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Sheehan
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Tapuai
14. Cummins
15. Barnes

16. TPN
17. Alexander
18. Slipper
19. Dennis
20. Pocock
21. Phipps
22. Harris
23. Cummins

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I like a lot of your thinking, RR. I don't think England at Twickers is the place to experiment with Pocock/Hooper at 6/7. McCabe tries his guts out, but the balance of the team just doesn't quite work with him at 12. We don't have the structure, skill or sustained disciplines for McCabe to make an impact. That won't change over the next week. We need someone like Taps just so that there is the possibility of more playmaking / gamebreaking.

1. Fat Cat
2. Moore
3. Kepu (not good, but Slipper was worse)
4. Douglas
5. Sharpe
6. Dennis Timani
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Sheehan
10. Beale
11. Digby
12. Tapaui
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Honey Badger
15. Barnes

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Paddy Ryan
19. Timani Dennis
20. Samo
21. Pocock
22. Phipps
23. Harris

EDIT: Swapped Dennis and Timani. Need more power early.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
This would be a good option too. I almost swapped him and Dennis.
Dennis was bloody useless again, except for maybe the line-outs. I'd want Pocock or Timani to play there, probably the later. Pocock/Hooper can be trialled against Italy.

Moore to start over Polota-Nau
Ioane for McCabe ( Taps and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) moving in).
Barnes for Harris

Our gameplan needs to change, very predictable same way crash ball style, the French defenders knew what to expect everytime.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Dennis was bloody useless again, except for maybe the line-outs. I'd want Pocock or Timani to play there, probably the later. Pocock/Hooper can be trialled against Italy.

Moore to start over Polota-Nau
Ioane for McCabe ( Taps and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) moving in).
Barnes for Harris

Our gameplan needs to change, very predictable same way crash ball style, the French defenders knew what to expect everytime.

Totally agree about Dennis. But it was the lineouts that had me worried. After thinking about it more, I've changed me team above.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Timani at 6 is a good fit playing the Poms.

Poey back via the bench for his own welfare me thinks. Digby back for mine and I don't care if he replaces AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper). Cummins deserves to be retained. The barrel is empty at nine so we just suck it up with Phipps but he must mix his game up. Moore to start. The reserve lock concerns me if Simmo is suspended. We are only one Sharpe injury away from our lineout being in tatters. I would rather use Samo as the bench lock cover than Dennis but that doesn't solve the caller issue.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Ioane definitely straight back in. We need someone (anyone) with some go forward in the backs. Timani also straight back in. Pocock on to the bench and play them both together later in the game.

At the end of the day you're probably right: but dont forget how bad his hands were in Argentina. There's a chance we're just rearranging the deckchairs

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Surely Alexander should start at TH if fit?
Kepu was a disaster, lying on the wrong side of rucks and not doing much in the scrum.

Alexander and Moore to start with Robinson in the front row.
Leave the second row as is
Timani starts at 6 with Palu and Hooper in the back row. Samo could also start with Palu getting 40 minutes at 8.

If Digby is fit he should start on the wing with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) back to 13. Barnes should start at 15 with Harris on the bench

Pocock on the bench to come in early if need be. We missed his heart yesterday.

D

daz

*Ahem* Blind negativity straight off the bat: Wallabies to get lost on the way to the ground and lose by default.

I'm having a "fuck them all moment". This too shall pass.

:(

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I dont know why we bother anymore posting up make shfit teams... Deans always picks the same pet players and has know Idea on what to when it crunch time in the game.

Maybe if Dean jumped on this forum he might start getting some good ideas on who to play and how to play.

Poms by 30 with with penalty kick from Dominating at scrum time and Drop goals.

Phipps should be back he is Aus playing colts
TPN should be dropped all together or at least drop him back to the 3rd prop even though he is a hooker, just to ease him out of test rugby. But again I cant stand this bloke on the Rugby pitch. Does something good and then totally fucks it up every time.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Are we seriously going around the merry-go-round again? Back to wanting Barnes as 10? Barnes was running around at 10 all year and it was a disaster. I don't think it matters who runs out in the green and gold next weekend as we are going to get hammered. With the lack of leadership and ability to develop an effective game plan we are doomed. Nothing is going to change until RD is shown the door. We need some fresh ideas and a new direction as we had our chance last year. RD put all the eggs in on basket and built for the world cup which is where his house of cards came down. Now he doesn't have anything left to offer Australian rugby. We can't get rid of our current playing stock and start fresh with a new bunch so we need to inject some hope into the boys and RD is not the guy to do it.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I'm not certain the English are going to smash us. Watched the Fiji game this morning and the Pomms weren't exceptional. With Diggers, Timani and Pocock back I think it's going to be a close game.

Man I missing Cooper and Genia. Would the ARU just hurry up and sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.