• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia v South Africa - Perth - 6 September 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phipps and Foley were very poor last night. If White and Beale played as badly as those two did last night, the knives would be out for them on this forum.

Foley's last two starts for the Wallabies have been horrific. Phipps is just simply not up to international level. Poor passing and decision making.

T

Train Without a Station

Phipps and Foley were very poor last night. If White and Beale played as badly as those two did last night, the knives would be out for them on this forum.

Foley's last two starts for the Wallabies have been horrific. Phipps is just simply not up to international level. Poor passing and decision making.

He didn't have any passes that were as poor as some of white's. His service was much quicker too.

T

Train Without a Station

Tomikin are you referring to the tackle where Simmons was penalised? I'm actually referring to one in the second half.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I kind of laugh when people assess Palu. I think he is value but he is the sort of player you need to balance the rest of the back row around. He plays a head down, arse up tight forward style of game. Not a bad thing by a long shot but it highlights a good reason to consider a pack dynamic of one rather than a pack of 8 individuals.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just to clear things up TWAS..........

I'm not sure which tackle you're referring to but I think Tomikin is referring to the one where Fardy brought down Habana in the first half following his line break...........

Fardy was very industrious last night and improved greatly from his last match....... Was often the first player to the breakdown, made a nuisance of himself and carried well.............

If Higgers is to come in it would have to be at 8...........

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah that's the one where Simmo was pinged. In the second half piennaar had a run off the ruck and Simmo mowed him down.

I thought Fardy was pretty well involved especially in the first half. Simmons and him looked to be starting the match strongly, especially on our ball.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

a yet to be tried combination is 9. White 10. To'omua 12. Beale

it probably warrants a look at some point even if its subbed on

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Bloke in front of me said last night that KB (Kurtley Beale)'s gotta play at 12 -- look at the Tahs etc. I said I thought he made a fair point but the fact that he can't tackle is massively concerning when playing in such a high traffic defensive channel.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
a yet to be tried combination is 9. White 10. To'omua 12. Beale

it probably warrants a look at some point even if its subbed on
Why?
I'm a little gob smacked that anyone does not think Phipps was a massive improvement.
His service is soooo much quicker,It frustrates me enormously to watch White hold the ball in the ruck until he is certain that the defensive line is ready for our next phase.
That and the fucking endless shite box kicks.

T

Train Without a Station

Maybe I missed moments but all night Phipps executed fine from what I saw. His passes may have been very inaccurate but they were always in front of the man who was forced to run onto it so we wouldn't know if it's where he was aiming. We actually got forward momentum at times because of it.

Foley wasn't great. But other than kicking which I think was link's tactical error, he wasn't bad either.

Status
Not open for further replies.