• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australia Vs Argentina, September 13, Gold Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I'm a huge pocock fan bit hooper was been the main reason we win games like this. Pocock has done this in the past though

You can't say he is the "main" reason we win games. That is a massive assumption.

He is definitely one of the top 3 performers in most games. But maybe a Hodgeson style player would be better. There are pro's and con's for both players which have been argued to death (refer to any Pocock V Hooper debate) but at the end of the day we will never know unless we try, and currently we aren't winning so why not try a Hodgson to start.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I'm not being biased here but I really think Link needs to back the Tahs back line..they had both the best defensive record and the best attacking record..as individuals they had weaknesses but Cheika worked out how to get them firing on 8 cylinders..

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
You can't say he is the "main" reason we win games. That is a massive assumption.

He is definitely one of the top 3 performers in most games. But maybe a Hodgeson style player would be better. There are pro's and con's for both players which have been argued to death (refer to any Pocock V Hooper debate) but at the end of the day we will never know unless we try, and currently we aren't winning so why not try a Hodgson to start.

He scored 2 try's tonight. 2.....

I'm a massive Hodgson can as well but no fucking way. Hooper is consistently our best. Bloody crazy.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not many thoughts tonight, I think the Wallabies deserved to win. The set piece was good.

Tonight demonstrated why Phipps and Foley deserve to be the halves combination. I really hope it doesn't change and we just settle with the two New South Welshman for a while.

Slipper and Kepu were the two best forwards in my opinion. Slipper has been superb this year. I just hope his good form continues.

Just finally, a big hats off to a gutsy and determined Argie team. So many times in that game they could have given up, but I'm glad they fought to the final scrum.

Looking forward to the next game.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Folau's kicking and passing skills leave a lot to be desired, and frankly I think a test 15 should be near the top of the team in both. Dagg has no problem slotting in to the centres and he has a howitzer for a leg.
When was the last time Dagg played centre?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
He scored 2 try's tonight. 2...

I'm a massive Hodgson can as well but no fucking way. Hooper is consistently our best. Bloody crazy.

Again, he was a top performer, im not doubting that.

But who's to say Hodgeson could have made 10 turnovers if he started? I bet the scoreboard would have been positively different if he had.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
He actually tackled some guys.

Honestly, the only tackles I saw were one around the head and an attempt around the head. Only run I saw was directly across the ground and that ended in a pretty awful pass that was almost intercepted. The whole game psychology turned around as soon as he came on. Don't think the Argies lifted but the Wallabies certainly played more poorly.

In defense of Kurtley, I think the momentum changed because the replacements were brought on too early - wrong call there Link. Pek Cowan at LHP was absolutely schooled. We desperately need Sio back, or bring Benn R in.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Thoughts:
We won when it looked like we'd lose, similar to last week and we pulled away with it.

A win is a win, we're now undefeated in Australia for 7 games in a row.

Simmons had some dropped balls but he was an assassin in the lineout, Carter went missing again so I'm expecting Horwill to be starting next game.

The backline looked good on occasion and we actually set some tries up, just lacked the composure to finish it.

Bench came on earlier but didn't seem to have the same impact they did last week. We looked fucked in the last ten minutes and I saw Hooper sucking in some big ones, the bunny can run out of puff.

I feel bad for Hodgson because he was great when he came on (exception to the bench I said above), but no matter how well he plays, he is never starting with Hooper fit.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Commentators saying we lacked in attack and couldn't bust the line. Bullshit. We had around 6 linebreaks

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Again, he was a top performer, im not doubting that.

But who's to say Hodgeson could have made 10 turnovers if he started? I bet the scoreboard would have been positively different if he had.
I'm gona stick with hooper. The blokes been playing amazingly well and deserves his spot.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
A couple of things I found interesting, the Number 8 for the Pumas places his feet in a different position to all other 8's I think I have ever seen. Is this genius and should be copied or is it a bad position and he is poorly coached?

The other thing that I noticed at the last set of scrums was an elbow hitting the ground, if it was a hand then it is a penalty, does an elbow count too? Were the Pumas ripped off?

Attachments

• 20140913_215137.jpg
    20140913_215137.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 241
  • 20140913_215743.jpg
    20140913_215743.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 257

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A couple of things I found interesting, the Number 8 for the Pumas places his feet in a different position to all other 8's I think I have ever seen. Is this genius and should be copied or is it a bad position and he is poorly coached?

The other thing that I noticed at the last set of scrums was an elbow hitting the ground, if it was a hand then it is a penalty, does an elbow count too? Were the Pumas ripped off?

LB, I think it's a bit negated by the Argentinian tight head having his knees on the ground.. It'd be impossible for Pek not to have his elbow on the ground.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Hooper is always amongst it but it seems he's often absorbing tasks of others. I mean yeah, thank god he's there as the others are lagging but if the other 14 are firing, I'd rather him over the ball.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

....What?...

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
So Beale at 12?

No. He is a defensive liability and a turn-over liability. Keep him an Impact player/

I know. To'omua's solid there but he's not doing much in attack though. Put Beale there and we might be talking about the tries he let in, or maybe the holes he put Folau in..can be guaranteed the former governs on this site though!

Status
Not open for further replies.