• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Do you really have to quote it again?

I do not particularly like Kearns' appointment, but in the real world, nobody outside of a deluded few insiders would want the job. Nobody.

What on earth would you do?

For the umpteenth time there were/are 250 applicants!!
Can we stop with the clearly inaccurate statement that noone would want it.

When you don't know how many applied you can assume that it's sfa. When the ARU tells you themselves that it's circa 250 to continue to say noone is infuriating on top of being daft.

Are all 250 super stars? I doubt it. Are all 250 worse choices than robbo or kearns?? I highly, seriously fucking doubt it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
For the umpteenth time there were/are 250 applicants!!
Can we stop with the clearly inaccurate statement that noone would want it.

When you don't know how many applied you can assume that it's sfa. When the ARU tells you themselves that it's circa 250 to continue to say noone is infuriating on top of being daft.

Are all 250 super stars? I doubt it. Are all 250 worse choices than robbo or kearns?? I highly, seriously fucking doubt it.

Umpteenth? It's the first I've heard that number? Where was it mentioned previously?

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
But, source?
Article has been edited and doesn't have the number anymore. Wrote to the author who denies it ever did have a number but was willing to go as far as:

"I don’t think we ever wrote it but the anecdotal word has been that a couple of hundred people applied."

T

TOCC

So having looked into her more, she is a kiwi, and her LInkedin page even as her as a supporter of the All Blacks and Steve New ;). But her background is:
-Director ANZ Championship(Trans Tasman Netball League) 2007-2013
-Chief Executive Netball New Zealand 2007-2013
-Director International Netball Federation 2011-2015
-Chief Executive Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs 2013-2017

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
a supporter of the All Blacks and Steve New ;)

Presumably the blick fern will be shelved for a year or two … but who is Steve New?

Someone will complain about the kiwi and League background.

Yeah. She probably won't stink the place up as much as Pulver does right now, but I reckon I'm against this appointment.

I hope they're paying her cheap.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Wayne says "The thought of a New Zealander, albeit one born in Wagga Wagga, running Australian rugby would have seemed preposterous less than a decade ago, but much of that barrier was broken down when Robbie Deans was appointed Wallabies coach in 2008."

I think it has more to do with the shitness of the Aussie predecessors and board in general that leaves a lot thinking 'cant be any worse'. I don't see Robbie Deans as some pioneer breaking down borders.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sports administration background - tick
Doesn't live in Mosman - tick
Didn't go to a GPS school - tick
Isn't affiliated with a Shute Shield club - tick

Someone will complain about the kiwi and League background.

Time to rebuild some bridges.
Fanfuckintastic - this is the best news Australian Rugby has had for many a day.
Even if she fails it’s a win for rugby because of those ticks.
The bulldogs situation was pretty dire. She left in May. Hasler’s contract had been “renewed” in April. It probably didn’t deserve to be: so there are 2=possible connections between that and her resignation. 1) she thought it was madness; 2) she was the fall guy for the decision.
Now he wants $2m.
I’m hoping 1 is the explanation and it fits better with the known facts.
She’s engaged in an inquiry into the NZ mungo “World Cup” early exit: given the problems there RA should be a cake walk.

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
I wonder if any of the very recent goodish news - with the non chasing of the WA Rugby debt etc - is linked to her coming in. It would be one of the first bloody obvious things that most of us would do if we came in.