• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Lawyers' picnic for sure.

Interesting to note the ACL involvement will mean that any/all funds raised will have to be applied specifically to their charitable purpose, which they'd argue is to advance christianity. The Go Fund Me donation would have had a lot more leeway about how funds needed to be expended, excepting any moral issues the recipient would have about using them to support the lifestyle to which he is accustomed.

Now, if the courts rule that it's specifically and unequivocally an employment contract breach and that religion has nothing to do with the case, where does that leave ACL and their use of funds? Does this screw their charity status under ACNC rules?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Interesting to note, the ACL involvement will mean that any/all funds raised will have to be applied specifically to their charitable purpose, which they'd argue is to advance christianity. The Go Fund Me donation would have had a lot more leeway about how funds needed to be expended, excepting any moral issues the recipient would have about using them to support the lifestyle to which he is accustomed.

Now, if the courts rule that it's specifically and unequivocally an employment contract breach and that religion has nothing to do with the case, where does that leave ACL and their use of funds? Does this screw their charity status under ACNC rules?

That's when we confirm our name is actually Green and Gold Religion and accept the $2M as a donation to our cause and then finally update the servers

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ well it IS the Game They Play In Heaven so not that much of a stretch for some clever lawyer(s) on here to argue for Religious status, surely?

Srsly tho you'd hope the charity watchdogs will have a close look at the $100K ACL chipped in.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ well it IS the Game They Play In Heaven so not that much of a stretch for some clever lawyer(s) on here to argue for Religious status, surely?

Srsly tho you'd hope the charity watchdogs will have a close look at the $100K ACL chipped in.

The estimated costs of the entire case according to various legal experts, if he were to employ the most expensive law firm (which he hasn't), are at around $500,000.............

So I reckon the The Ottoman Restaurant in Barton is going to receive a $1.5M windfall.

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)

Interesting to note the ACL involvement will mean that any/all funds raised will have to be applied specifically to their charitable purpose, which they'd argue is to advance christianity. The Go Fund Me donation would have had a lot more leeway about how funds needed to be expended, excepting any moral issues the recipient would have about using them to support the lifestyle to which he is accustomed.

I think the ACL would argue that their charitable purpose is about protecting the interests of Christianity in matters related to public policy (the "L" stands for "Lobby" after all) so I'd say that they're well and truly fulfilling their purpose in supporting a case which they'd argue has strong implications for religious freedom in this country.

Now, I'm not personally interested in litigating that case here yet again. If others want to, have at it. But what I will say is that everyone who's contributed to the ACL's fundraiser knows exactly what they're doing and what the money's intended to be used for. Going after the ACL for supporting Folau's defence would be as low-down and despicable as Netball's sponsors going after his wife, and would bring down a storm of outrage and opprobrium on the regulator that would make the controversy generated so far look like a gentle spring shower by comparison.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would prefer nothing was said from her other than "I resign".

And replace her with?
Did you like Pulver and the job he did? Theer was an awful lot of angst against him in here too.
I personally don't have the experience to name the available talent that should be running RA, but sure you have more knowledge than myself.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

Here: https://periodicdisclosures.aec.gov.au/PoliticalExpenditure.aspx?SubmissionId=68&ClientId=15605

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
It doesn't matter what sporting organisation you're involved with, the ARU, Athletics Australia, your local rugby club or local golf club, there are always plenty of people to constantly bag out those who are trying to run the show. They don't ever put their own hand up, and either offer no solutions or simplistic, Pauline Hanson type ones that seem pretty obvious provided you don't think too hard.
It's always been like that, always will be.
While she certainly hasn't been a magic bullet, I don't think Castle's too bad. She took the helm of a ship that was taking in a lot of water, and is doing her best to right it, although I don't think she really has the answer. Her actions on he whose name must not be mentioned were at least decisive, whether they were right we will see in the course of time. But she made a decision, and one of the real basics of management is to make a decision, a bad decision is better than no decision.
To be so critical of an attempt to communicate with the grass roots is pretty sad though.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
As far as I can tell the people who want Castle gone don't like the fact she is a women and has no hair.

Where exactly has that been mentioned in the last couple of pages? I don't care how she looks, how she dresses, whether she is man, woman, Wookie, Jedi Knight, Klingon or how much hair she has which would be more than me. All I care about is the quality of her work, which in my opinion is no where near good enough.

I asked for her list of achievements in the job to be tabled to be convinced otherwise. Still waiting for someone to supply one just one.

Even happy if you want to list her achievements back at the Bulldogs.

Just don't list contract construction or negotiation if you want to be taken seriously.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The estimated costs of the entire case according to various legal experts, if he were to employ the most expensive law firm (which he hasn't), are at around $500,000.....

So I reckon the The Ottoman Restaurant in Barton is going to receive a $1.5M windfall.
Would he actually be paying anything?

I would have thought high profile lawyers would be offering services for free, or reduced prices.

I really hope we see a "Rake" type lawyer represent him, could be fun

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Speaking of CEOs, RUPAs CEO Prataal Raj has announced his resignation just 8 months into the job. he has taken up a role with a giftcard provider

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Where exactly has that been mentioned in the last couple of pages? I don't care how she looks, how she dresses, whether she is man, woman, Wookie, Jedi Knight, Klingon or how much hair she has which would be more than me. All I care about is the quality of her work, which in my opinion is no where near good enough.

I asked for her list of achievements in the job to be tabled to be convinced otherwise. Still waiting for someone to supply one just one.

Even happy if you want to list her achievements back at the Bulldogs.

Just don't list contract construction or negotiation if you want to be taken seriously.

1 achievement

$5.2 million profit for 2018 will help soften the financial blow that comes with a Rugby World Cup year.
Rugby Australia announced the surplus on Monday after its Annual General Meeting, an $8.9 million turnaround from 2017's $3.7 million operating deficit.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would he actually be paying anything?

I would have thought high profile lawyers would be offering services for free, or reduced prices.

Lawyers............ doing free work for wealthy client?

White-men-laughing.jpg