• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Rugby Australia Chairman, Cameron Clyne has today announced he will not stand for re-election at the completion of his current term in March 2020.

Clyne, a Victorian representative Rugby player and former Managing Director and Group CEO at NAB, has served as Chairman of the Rugby Australia Board since January 2016.

Clyne will formally resign as Chairman at the 2020 Rugby Australia Annual General Meeting on 30 March 2020.

Lost

Ted Fahey (11)
Rugby Australia Chairman, Cameron Clyne has today announced he will not stand for re-election at the completion of his current term in March 2020.

Clyne, a Victorian representative Rugby player and former Managing Director and Group CEO at NAB, has served as Chairman of the Rugby Australia Board since January 2016.

Clyne will formally resign as Chairman at the 2020 Rugby Australia Annual General Meeting on 30 March 2020.

Excellent start

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Seems pretty clear that Australian Rugby fans have done something to appease their God.

Yep BH, but if things don't improve dramatically, who is the next to blame?:confused: I really think as followers of the game we need to have it sorted out who to blame when things aren't being done as we want ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yep BH, but if things don't improve dramatically, who is the next to blame?:confused: I really think as followers of the game we need to have it sorted out who to blame when things aren't being done as we want ;)

The next person clearly!

Regardless of what Clyne was responsible for or not, his position with Australian rugby fans was irredeemable as a result of the Western Force saga. RA needs to move on from him so the bridges can start to be mended and every bit of good news doesn't continue to be tarnished by his ongoing presence.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
So knowing RA, they are going to pick one of the below as next Chair:

- Phil Kearns
- Tony Abbott
- Michael Hawker (the previous Chair)
- John O'Neill
- Tom Waterhouse

The obvious candidate is Mike Baird, though. Privately schooled, white, male, with connections to politics AND banking. Not quite old enough, but other than that he's a walk-up start.

I say that a little tongue-in-cheek because we could do far worse than Baird (the options above, for example). But I'd like to think we could do better.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
How did Abbott get on the list?
So knowing RA, they are going to pick one of the below as next Chair:

- Phil Kearns
- Tony Abbott
- Michael Hawker (the previous Chair)
- John O'Neill
- Tom Waterhouse

The obvious candidate is Mike Baird, though. Privately schooled, white, male, with connections to politics AND banking. Not quite old enough, but other than that he's a walk-up start.

I say that a little tongue-in-cheek because we could do far worse than Baird (the options above, for example). But I'd like to think we could do better.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
How did Abbott get on the list?

He's got a tenuous rugby link in there somewhere, played while at uni? He's a loose ends now? (Not endorsing his leadership skills though)

I could easily see Mike Baird as a serious candidate.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Dangerous game recruiting former politicians given how much funding is leveraged from the government these days, it could either pay dividends or blow back on the code if the opposition is in power.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
He's got a tenuous rugby link in there somewhere, played while at uni? He's a loose ends now? (Not endorsing his leadership skills though)

I could easily see Mike Baird as a serious candidate.

We might be able to afford his sister Julia.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
The problem with that analogy is that Julius Caesar was actually beloved by the Roman public which is why his executioners had to flee.

I don't think anyone at all will be sorry to see the back of Clyne.

So we get to execute him, Excellent I will grab my pitch fork..

Reactions: TSR

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Dick Marks' open letter re rugby in Australia

worth a read

Attachments

• A+Rugby+Conversation+-+PDF.pdf
    537.5 KB · Views: 253