• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
I sometimes read NZStuff to get a different perspective on an issue and today read something that goes to understanding why Raelene does what she does. This is what she said: "I don't want people to speak about me being a good female administrator. I want to be known as a good administrator. When they start doing that, you know you've done a good job." My problem is that the CEO's role is so much more than being an administrator and that's what she doesn't appear to have got her head around.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
Anyway back on topic (ie rugby) I am staring to now think all this crap over it almost time we start discussing who will take Clyne's job? I know he has many critics(And maybe rightfully ,I don't really know), but now that he is going who is in line for job? And I believe it just chickenshit to say we need to get rid of someone without then having an opinion of a VIABLE alternative, so people can then see how bright we are.
I am first to say I have no idea, probably why I never called for his head ;)

Brian Hartzer is available. Has all the right credentials

S

sidelineview

It was also interesting to notice some posts were conveniently deleted.

But it was a good debate/discussion about something very significant in Australia's history and now its over.

If you thought Cyclopath won on points, fair enough.

Let's hope RA focus on grassroots rugby to produce and keep more talented players like Izzy in the future.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So why didn't he go to court then? If it was about the principle, then why pull out of the fight when a cash offer was put on the table?

Bingo. Must say barb that your sheer politeness, in the face of this appalling revisionism, is a sight to behold. I seem to compliment you a lot on holding court like this. Were you on the debating team?

I was on the debating team in Year 7, but as you know, possess only a modicum of your civility. For example:

To the topic of Israel's "victory".

Where was the righteous court battle to punish the wicked Rugby Australia*?

Where is the legal precedent that would reaffirm Australia's place as a safe space for Christian athletes?

Where was the defence of the $14M that was Israel's god-given right as ordained captain-in-perpetuity of the Wallabies and future reserve fullback for the Heavenly Host?

All the money thrown at him by the ACL and its supporters, in order to bring these dastardly woke corporations to heel, and what happens?

He fucking scarpers as soon as enough money is on the table to buy his Dad another bit of Sydney real estate.

4560068d53a441201de96627d2cc8c6c32f8166d

"Onward Christian Soldiers"

Yeah. He definitely won that.

Fact is, both parties knew they were in a shit-show, both were at least mature enough to realise it, and they decided to call it a draw.

Folau's record will always be there, but it will be tainted or polished, depending where you sit.

*aka The Bastion of Creeping Leftiness aka Gay Marriage Institution aka Killer (and perhaps Eater?) of Babies

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Ah, the lawyers fault. Got it. Poor Izzy taken for a ride, when he only wanted a $10 million apology and was forced to ask for a $14 million one. Or is it $16 million with the ACL money? So hard to keep track of all this financial balm to soothe his infringed freedom.

Especially when its tax-deductible.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'll also add: as the party who initiated termination, Rugby Australia gained nothing by trying to go to court, except legal costs. They'd already banked on the cost of his contract, and I can't imagine the insurance required to cover this settlement cost nearly this much.

I'm hearing from second hand sources that Rugby Australia are quite content with the outcome, and looking forward to next year with vigour.

Hopefully the refresh of The Board, a new coach, and some other changes make this a good start to the next RWC cycle.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Numbers watch..........

Andrew Webster reporting somewhere between $2.5M - $5M.

Which fits into the common sense/non News Corp figure that RA are allegedly whispering.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Whats wrong with a little Sav Plonk? (srs question).

Not my cup of tea. Most serious wineos don't like it, the herbaceousness is too aggressive especially when it reeks of catspiss. However, don't stand between a middle-aged woman and a bottle of Marlborough SB, they'll knock you over.

Sauv blanc DOES go well with a feed of prawns.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Not my cup of tea. Most serious wineos don't like it, the herbaceousness is too aggressive especially when it reeks of catspiss. However, don't stand between a middle-aged woman and a bottle of Marlborough SB, they'll knock you over.

Sauv blanc DOES go well with a feed of prawns.

In very hot weather, it is alright because you have to chill it to the point where most of the nose and palate is indistinguishable from other wines.

That said: I've had some good Kiwi sauv blanc, though maybe that was due to being IN the country at the time AND therefore viewing everything with rosé tinted glasses

:)

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'll also add: as the party who initiated termination, Rugby Australia gained nothing by trying to go to court, except legal costs. They'd already banked on the cost of his contract, and I can't imagine the insurance required to cover this settlement cost nearly this much.

I'm hearing from second hand sources that Rugby Australia are quite content with the outcome, and looking forward to next year with vigour.

Hopefully the refresh of The Board, a new coach, and some other changes make this a good start to the next RWC cycle.

Castle confirmed this was in the end an insurance claim, so RA paid the excess, went through the court day bullshit while their insurance company's solicitors and actuaries negotiated a commercial number to make it go away

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yep! Penfolds tastes less like cat piss than McWilliams. Brown Bros is somewhere in the middle on smell but leaves the worst hangover :D

Reactions: Tex