• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Georgina Robinson reporting that if Castle goes most likely Rennie will too (and id imagine the assistants too)....

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Georgina Robinson reporting that if Castle goes most likely Rennie will too (and id imagine the assistants too)..

Too bloody right! Our last Kiwi coach was an abject failure and I don't see why this would be any different. Australian Rugby needs to look within its deep ranks of highly capable Foxtel commentators for the way forward.

Gregan - the emotionless turtle without a shell - can fire the lads up with a rousing pre-game speech full of empty platitudes and endless stuttering.

Greg Martin can put some fire in the belly of the starting flyhalf by publicly questioning whether recalling Quade Cooper is the right option for Australian Rugby moving forward.

Rod Kafer can does whatever the fuck he does to contribute, and after the boys have lost 46-zip, Phil Kearns - now CEO of RA and walking poster-boy for CTE research - can consolidate the chaps by telling them that the loss was entirely the refs fault.

Can't wait. Bright days for Australian Rugby ahead of us!

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Phil Kearns - “ walking poster-boy for CTE research”

Might be the funniest thing I’ve read in a while

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There's also a whole bunch more people who now have more access to financial information with the involvement of RUPA.

I feel like the Larkham story isn't new. It's just being used now to help tarnish Castle even though it was not her error. Prior to now it just wasn't that interesting because it solely related to people no longer at the organisation.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Too bloody right! Our last Kiwi coach was an abject failure and I don't see why this would be any different. Australian Rugby needs to look within its deep ranks of highly capable Foxtel commentators for the way forward.

Gregan - the emotionless turtle without a shell - can fire the lads up with a rousing pre-game speech full of empty platitudes and endless stuttering.

Greg Martin can put some fire in the belly of the starting flyhalf by publicly questioning whether recalling Quade Cooper is the right option for Australian Rugby moving forward.

Rod Kafer can does whatever the fuck he does to contribute, and after the boys have lost 46-zip, Phil Kearns - now CEO of RA and walking poster-boy for CTE research - can consolidate the chaps by telling them that the loss was entirely the refs fault.

Read the first two sentences and started to get triggered. Realised the massive level of sarcasm when I got to the "highly capable Foxtel commentators" bit.

Well done, sir :D

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

It would be funny except your post has too much possibility of being reality

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Anyone else noticing that international interest is starting to build towards the Aus politics in rugby. General opinion appears to be slamming the mafia like tactics of Fox, Kearns, NFJ and co. It appears everyone’s eyes are open to the situation except those that live within the blazer bubble their whole lives.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It would be funny except your post has too much possibility of being reality

I'm finding it so fucking depressing.

Just when I thought we were onto something good - Castle, new broadcast agreements etc. - the same morons try to fuck it all up.

I'm not kidding when I say this - if Kearns takes over as CEO I'm turning my back on Australian rugby.

It's so fucking hard to love something that is determined to self implode at all costs.

The blazer brigade don't want the best for the game, they just want to steer the ship. They'd be more happy as King of a mud-village than as a pauper in Atlantis.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
What is particularly disappointing is the timing of all this. At a national level, Scomo, Albanese, Daniel Andrews, Gladys, Anna Bligh from the Bankers Association and Sally McManus are able to put all the power games aside and work for the national good (and who would have thought that possible?)
But in our game, a self-entitled pack of grubs led by the likes of Fox and Alan Jones, backed by their loyal foot-soldiers like Kafer et al, have decided it is the perfect time to pounce and seize power. Really hard to feel anything but disgust towards these people.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Fuck man, Phil Kearns wasn't even that great a player, I'd sooner have had Jeremy Paul or Axel Foley playing for my life. Raelene: ride the COVID storm, do a deal with Optus sport, then we can all kick Foxtel to the kerb and not have to listen to Kearns or Martin ever again.

Maybe they could get a job presenting the weather instead:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm finding it so fucking depressing.

Just when I thought we were onto something good - Castle, new broadcast agreements etc. - the same morons try to fuck it all up.

I'm not kidding when I say this - if Kearns takes over as CEO I'm turning my back on Australian rugby.

It's so fucking hard to love something that is determined to self implode at all costs.

The blazer brigade don't want the best for the game, they just want to steer the ship. They'd be more happy as King of a mud-village than as a pauper in Atlantis.

I feel the same. I'm too young to remember the playing contributions of the blazer brigade. All i've ever really experienced of them is their awful and internationally embarrassing commentary. Kearns efforts during the Ireland series being the nadir.

Hell the only old bloke in the game who seems to have a few synapses to rub together is coaching England.

It's hard to love a game that constantly has nutbags like A. Jones and Rupert's merry brigade of hatchet wielding hacks constantly weighing in.