• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
3a32fa5ca920b726624b50292eb725d5-jpg.11458
Is that a Moog?

An early photo of Kraftwerk before they adopted their strict "No Chicks" policy?

OMFG, are those Grado RS1e headphones she is listening to?

grado-rs1e-tan_s_1-large.jpg

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just saw QLDs media release posted via Regs twitter. It’s probably an indication on what’s politically happening in our game.

Indicates all states (minus one cough cough) back McLean and the RA board and the measures they are trying to take to create change in the game.

You can guess the state that wasn’t mentioned in the press release.

The Chairs of the following Australian Rugby provincial representative bodies (ACT & Southern New South Wales Rugby Union, Queensland Rugby Union, Rugby Victoria, RugbyWA, Rugby Union SA, Tas Rugby) release the following statement in support of Rugby Australia’s ongoing process of reform and renewal:

https://reds.rugby/news/2020/05/06/...-australias-process-of-transition-and-renewal

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Looks like the ‘Too Many Tahs’ rallying cry is spilling over into the administration field too! In all serious I’m not sure what to make of this, but it seems.... significant?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Just saw QLDs media release posted via Regs twitter. It’s probably an indication on what’s politically happening in our game.

Indicates all states (minus one cough cough) back McLean and the RA board and the measures they are trying to take to create change in the game.

The Chairs of the following Australian Rugby provincial representative bodies (ACT & Southern New South Wales Rugby Union, Queensland Rugby Union, Rugby Victoria, RugbyWA, Rugby Union SA, Tas Rugby) release the following statement in support of Rugby Australia’s ongoing process of reform and renewal:

https://reds.rugby/news/2020/05/06/...-australias-process-of-transition-and-renewal

Roger Davis came out and supported Wiggs, so you can join the dots there fairly easily

Aurelius

Ted Thorn (20)
Looks like the ‘Too Many Tahs’ rallying cry is spilling over into the administration field too! In all serious I’m not sure what to make of this, but it seems.. significant?

A number of months ago on this thread, I compared the Australian rugby landscape to the TV show The Expanse, where:

New South Wales was Earth;
Queensland was Mars;
Everyone else was the Belt; and
Cameron Clyne was Sadavir Errinwright.

(I thought it was a pretty solid analogy - especially the Cameron Clyne one.)

If the analogy holds, well then - shit's about to get real for New South Wales.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)

So what are the voting rights in the event of an EGM?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I’m sure I’m not the only one that this is making no sense to. The heads of all the states ex NSW say they support the board and McLean, but they don’t support captains picks basically, however the dialogue clearly shows McLean and Wiggs collaborating on said captains picks. So who’s authority was McLean acting on, if they aren’t viewing him as one of the ‘individuals or groups designating appointments’?

Also isn’t the hope that the voting unions turf the board out and start again? Seems like NSW are the only ones remotely contemplating that path.

It’s a proper circus that’s for sure.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
im not making any sense either.

obviously there is a faction on the board sympathetic to Fox/News. I thought Wiggs was the cheer leader.

I thought Mclean was on the other side backing Castle, but the leaked email suggests otherwise. He was agreeable to more News ltd influence and agreeable to Carroll as CEO.

Got me, whats going on.

Joe King

Dave Cowper (27)
So what's behind Wiggs' behaviour? It just seems so extreme. Are people suggesting it's some sort of power play on behalf on NSW?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
im not making any sense either.

obviously there is a faction on the board sympathetic to Fox/News. I thought Wiggs was the cheer leader.

I thought Mclean was on the other side backing Castle, but the leaked email suggests otherwise. He was agreeable to more News ltd influence and agreeable to Carroll as CEO.

Got me, whats going on.

It's a shambles, not sure that the board even knows what's going on. Complete breakdown in standards of behaviour which is hardly surprising given the corporate culture that's evolved over time.