• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah, it's really not a bad idea. Get Uggs in there as well like VB has done.

Collabs are really the thing right now. Sports teams linking up with mostly grog companies for merch sells quickly. I had mates going after the Aus Cricket team floppy hats from Four Pines Brewing.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Think that's great, and with both Aus and NZ signing up agreement with Japan, is only good for expansion of RC etc, and eventually doing something at superish level!!

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Yes also love it. Very smart rationale - very very high potential on many levels.

Multiple benefits for multiple stakeholders including players, coaches, staff, sponsors, families and broadcasters!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It's crazy, isn't it. I've heard senior SRU personalities talking about how the NRL started, based on the existing clubs. That's probably not the way that Queensland League saw it but whatever.

The big Super League war led to the formation of the NRL. NSW dominated the code for many year, no doubt mainly because poker machines were legal in NSW. Most good QLD players were forced to play in the NSW comp if they wanted to earn the very big bucks.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The big Super League war led to the formation of the NRL. NSW dominated the code for many year, no doubt mainly because poker machines were legal in NSW. Most good QLD players were forced to play in the NSW comp if they wanted to earn the very big bucks.
Yeah… so the missing ingredient here is that SRU isn’t the wealthy or attracting all the interstate talent

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Crumbs - I had no idea that I can dig out my old long socks and sandals. The RM Williams can go back in the cupboard. Hurrah!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Found this interesting, RA & rugby.com.au batting above its average I’d argue, especially for overall content generation.

IMG_1068.jpeg