• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah. It will be another “I’m committed to Australia rugby mate. It’s their call mate. You’re all wankers mate”.
What you think we should do? Im interested in your perspective. I'm at the point where I think he stays for 12 months or till the Lions. I can't see how we can get rid of him unless he quits, which I don't think he will.

Not sure who's out to get maybe Jamie Joseph, but I'm kinda resigned to having him stay..

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don’t think putting timelines on coaches is ever a good thing unless we’re talking about the elite who’ve been coaching elite groups ie the Phil Jackson’s, Wayne Bennet’s of the world going to retire.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I don’t believe the Japanese gig is being confirmed until later in the year, so Eddie just needs to sit tight, let out a few “maaates” and “committed,” and hold out to see if RA are stupid enough to prematurely sack him while the local rugby news cycle goes quiet…

Tomthumb

Colin Windon (37)
I don’t believe the Japanese gig is being confirmed until later in the year, so Eddie just needs to sit tight, let out a few “maaates” and “committed,” and hold out to see if Rugby Australia are stupid enough to prematurely sack him while the local rugby news cycle goes quiet…
Being held to Ransom by a coach hoping for the Japanese coaching gig. How far have we fallen

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
doesn’t it look like high performance is happening? That’s all Eddie would care about.
Way to poison the only good news we've had in a while. If we manage to align the states then we are stuck with Eddie... almost worth tanking it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don’t think putting timelines on coaches is ever a good thing unless we’re talking about the elite who’ve been coaching elite groups ie the Phil Jackson’s, Wayne Bennet’s of the world going to retire.

Well, I think he'll stay. So what should we do?

Hold him to account. We have a history of letting coaches act like CEOs and they need to be held accountable. I think Waugh's inexperience as a senior exec cost us. The first time Eddie came out and said "I'm leaving after the RWC" Waugh should have called him, raked him over the coals, told him he will be backed by RA and Board but he needs to be clear in his message to the Australian public (and his team). Then he should have done it with that ridiculous airport media conference. When the whole organisation works hard at stakeholder management - fans, media, sponsors etc, you can't have one rogue element working against it. Waugh should have been all over him then. Not sure how team selection works but I would have hoped someone knew about that squad before hand and challenged him. So whether thats the new boss of High Performance (Link maybe?) or a team of selectors, it needs to be someone. That same person needs to be involved in all assistant coaching selections too. Remembering centralisation will report through to the Head of High Performance - not to Eddie.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
God, I feel sorry for them then. Imagine being the poor bugger on the bus when Eddie gets on and he didn't hire you...

That's my seat. Sorry boss (moves seat)

That's also my seat.