• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Rugby / RA

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
View attachment 11451
Apologies I’m using the Aus app on my iPad, I can’t cut ant paste quotes, only take a screenshot.

Daniel Herbert gets an honourable mention for requesting "due process." Then he probably realised that nobody else in the room knew what he was talking about. The meeting would have gone past 3am for him to explain what it meant.

Imagine thinking that you should engage an independent recruitment firm, he's been on the board a couple of weeks and reality has hit him head on already.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'm waiting for Wamberal to come on and tell us how well these corporate chaps are doing and that none of us know what we're talking about.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It is bizarre that some posters seem to think that the elite players are stupid, selfish, automatons. Some of them are tomorrow's leaders of the game (don't most of us think that the game should be oversighted by former players?)

One thing we can be sure of, intelligent, motivated, and skilled athletes are certainly interested in a better and more prosperous future for the whole game.

The more they are involved, the more they can contribute. Anybody who has ever managed high achievers of one kind or another knows that these people are rare commodities who can do things and see things that most of us just cannot.

Use all their talents.

Lockdown has done a number on wambers. He's socially distancing individual bloody sentences now.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
RA kicking goals.

source.gif

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Daniel Herbert gets an honourable mention for requesting "due process." Then he probably realised that nobody else in the room knew what he was talking about. The meeting would have gone past 3am for him to explain what it meant.

Imagine thinking that you should engage an independent recruitment firm, he's been on the board a couple of weeks and reality has hit him head on already.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not even Shakespeare could dream this stuff up. Forget broadcast rights for games RA need to get Netflix on the line to run a full length mini-series on the antics of the ARU/RA board over the past 20 years. It would outrate anything that could possibly happen on the field.

Maybe make a Netflix RA movie - it could be one of the best box rating drama horror movies to come out next year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
It not only the dysfunction of the meeting itself, it's also the fact that a blow by blow description of a supposedly confidential board meeting was in the newspaper the next day.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It not only the dysfunction of the meeting itself, it's also the fact that a blow by blow description of a supposedly confidential board meeting was in the newspaper the next day.

Yeah that's the most interesting part. Once again the role of News Corp has to be called into question.

Just last week they were anointing Peter Wiggs as the saviour of the game, and now they appear to be subtly backing his hostile takeover attempt of the Board. He is certainly receiving different treatment to Raelene.

I'm all for getting qualified, experienced people into RA and on the face of it Matt Carroll looks like a viable choice. But for Wiggs to do it in this way rings all sorts of alarm bells.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Once again the role of News Corp has to be called into question.

Just last week they were anointing Peter Wiggs as the saviour of the game, and now they appear to be subtly backing his hostile takeover attempt of the Board. He is certainly receiving different treatment to Raelene.

Indeed......... the language is subtle, but starting with the headine...........

Key Rugby Australia Board member Peter Wiggs threatens to resign

And it seems the board can't do without him.........

(Wiggs), working endless hours to make sense of the code's state, has also confided to sources they are "much worse" than he expected.

If Wiggs walk away, the code's broadcast negotiations will be in limbo once again.

Why is that?

Wiggs has close ties with Fox Sports - and was expected be crucial in the TV rights negotiation.

Just note, the poor grammar in those last two quotes are not mine - straight from the article.