• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPS Fantastic

Frank Nicholson (4)
How often does that happen though? The perception is, which seems to be rather true, is that rugby is moreso becoming a GPS-centric sport along the East Coast. The number of non-GPS reps is almost non-existant. All I am saying is that rugby should be made more accessible to all students, rather than an enclave of Private Schoolboys. How good would it be to see a school like Wavell Heights SHS or Keebra Park SHS take on Nudgee College for the right to represent Queensland at the National 1st XV Championships? It would be a great identifier for future talent and give greater options to National Selectors when comparing players.
I agree, it would be very interesting and a great motivator for all school teams to achieve their best! Rightly or wrongly, though, the GPS schools tend to have access to better coaching and better support systems and facilities, which may give them an advantage against the state HS teams

Parentsplease

Stan Wickham (3)
It's the
I agree, it would be very interesting and a great motivator for all school teams to achieve their best! Rightly or wrongly, though, the GPS schools tend to have access to better coaching and better support systems and facilities, which may give them an advantage against the state HS teams

It's the same argument on every thread by the same people. The simple fact schools and teachers won't do the extras to provide high schools the opportunity and the percentage of the Aussie school side is roughly the same as rep teams in club land. The better Chs kids play league and the ones that don't make it.
Not the system but the individuals priority

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
It should also be acknowledged that the majority of talented CHS players have taken up scholarships to GPS Schools by years 9 and 10.I don't begrudge these boys for taking up the opportunity for a better education and facilities but I'd hate to give up on a system that has produced so many great Wallabies

Status
Not open for further replies.