• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Schoolboys & National Championships 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)
My probables based on rankings. Outside centre will be a hard one to fill but the attack in this backline listed would be electric. With the leading try scorer Mohi and second leading scorer Williams in the team especially and Ikatau who is a try scoring machine too.

2. Ongosia (NSW)
3. Helu (NSW)
6. Fenn (NSW)
7. McReight (QLD)
8. Finefeuiaki (Vic)
9. Lonergan (ACT)
10. Wilkinson (NSW)
11. Mohi (NSW)
12. Pulefale (ACT)
13. Jaffer-Williams (NSW)
14. Ikatau (QLD)
15. Taulagi (QLD)

On that note would be good to see NSW speedster Rixon in the team also think we will be seeing Brown (NSW) slot into the second row

Hairy Maclary

Frank Row (1)
Hooker - I'd consider Q2 hooker and captain. Coming back from injury, first game of the season was Monday. Part of the 2015 Q1 team which went through to the final without a point against them.Qld GPS season yet to start.

Take the Points

Frank Nicholson (4)
Hooker - I'd consider Q2 hooker and captain. Coming back from injury, first game of the season was Monday. Part of the 2015 Q1 team which went through to the final without a point against them.Qld GPS season yet to start so still to peak.
I've seen him play last year and this year- good player! At this stage Ongosia would most likely be the first pick followed by Faessler

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
In case anyone else was wondering:

Tomorrow's Fixtures
NSW I v NSW II (First - Second Playoff) 1245
Victoria v Combined States (Third - Fourth Playoff) 1130
Qld I v Qld II (Fifth - Sixth Playoff) 1015
ACT v Western Australia (Seventh - Eighth Playoff) 0900

smithandwesson

Peter Burge (5)
Don't think Pietsch is to be ruled out in the back row yet mate! He's still got a good chance

Yes agree [was just giving the Vic man the benefit of my doubt], but having just watched the youtube footage of Vic [v NSW2nds]: The Vic no 8 is big but the difference is [compared to several games i've seen this season] that Peachy is EVERYWHERE around the park.

FlashFlanker

Herbert Moran (7)
My probables based on rankings. Outside centre will be a hard one to fill but the attack in this backline listed would be electric. With the leading try scorer Mohi and second leading scorer Williams in the team especially and Ikatau who is a try scoring machine too.

2. Ongosia (NSW)
3. Helu (NSW)
6. Fenn (NSW)
7. McReight (QLD)
8. Finefeuiaki (Vic)
9. Lonergan (ACT)
10. Wilkinson (NSW)
11. Mohi (NSW)
12. Pulefale (ACT)
13. Jaffer-Williams (NSW)
14. Ikatau (QLD)
15. Taulagi (QLD)

I think Eadie (Q1) scored 4 tries, which according to what I read was one behind Mohi... just for accuracy but happy to be corrected.

B

Backline_Move

On that note would be good to see NSW speedster Rixon in the team also think we will be seeing Brown (NSW) slot into the second row

He is very good too, he will likely be in Australia A. There is some quality wide players coming through this year. Aus just needs more quality second rowers! For the front row maybe the THP from NSW 2's can play Loose head? He was good in the game yesterday? Or the #2 from QLD 1's. Could he play Loose head? You could get your best 15 on the paddock then and give Aus the best shot.

S

sidelineview

I think Kemeny has gone well for NSW 1s.
There was a suggestion that the NSW 1s forwards haven't been physical enough but I dont think Kemeny fits into that box.

I agree the Victorian number 8 is the top pick so far.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
We are approaching peak Tin Foil Hat perfect storm conditions:
ACT are in the playoff for the Wooden Spoon.
Both Qld teams are playing off for 5th place.
2/3 of Combined States are from NSW.
Are the 5 Qld III players in CS, who will be playing off for third, better then the other 46 Queenslanders who are playing off for 5th/6th?
What about the two ACT II players in CS? They must clearly be better then the other 23 from the mountains who are in the wooden spoon playoff.
The Selectors are from ACT and Queensland.
The Schoolboys Coach is from ACT.
The Barbarians Coach is from Queensland.
Our Under 20's have failed to realise their true potential again at Jnr RWC.
The State Selectors clearly got their selections wrong.
Reds and Ponies got thumped last night.
The Wallabies, full of NSW players with a former NSW coach in charge, just got pantsed by Eddie's Poms.
The Interstate Bile and Spittle Index is high.

Perfect Storm conditions, alright.

After today's teams are announced, if you want to display your Tin Foik Hat Conspiracy Society membership credentials, particularly if you have cold hard evidence of the Selections being to a prearranged State Allocation, clear evidence of Koala Club influence, cronyism or other bias against your state or school association, or Coaches not giving the player you support sufficient game time to showcase their wares, then please do so in this thread:
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/co...ics-and-bias-gold-squads-unfairness-etc.8261/

By the way, we've heard it all before.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
On the junior oval here at Iggies with short goal posts and all ,ACT lead WA at halftime 15 nil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are the Queensland teams playing on the top oval as well?

What condition is the main oval in?

rugbyking2

Allen Oxlade (6)
Are the Queensland teams playing on the top oval as well?

What condition is the main oval in?

Yes, Queensland teams playing on top field and the bottom field from what I quickly saw of the bottom field it also appears to be wet.

Both fields will still hold up better than AAMI park ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.