• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2022

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Probably a reflection that a lot of the wingers didn’t stand out. At least two of us picked Perese on the wing. In my case it was partly a way to get both he & Paisami in, but also a reflection that I thought Flook was the only wing who was worth my of selection. Obviously I was taking a bit of liberty with Perese’s selection and I can understand why the majority didn’t do that.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Flook and Muirhead were the picks imo. It is true that there are few outstanding wingers going around at present. Tony Pulu looks good with ball in hand but has some terrible defensive lapses. And Mataele had a shocker last game - dropped more ball in one game than you'd want to see in a season and made some poor decisions. I think two of his mistakes led directly to Reds' tries. Petaia started in fine form but his game deteriorated with time and by the end looked very disinterested. Not much to say about any of the Tahs and Rebels wingers.

D

DELETE ACCOUNT

Reckon there could be about 25 or 26 different players who could all make the team of the week. All have their own strong and weaker points.
There are two names that i have interest in for different reasons.
1 Rodda - I just don't see him as in the best 2 locks at he moment given the number of good quality performances - Swain, Frost, Blythe, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) ( injured) Phillips, Warner all come to mind.
2. Pasitoa - On the past 2 weeks performances why isn't he on anyone's list? I do agree though JOC (James O'Connor) did do his job well.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Reckon there could be about 25 or 26 different players who could all make the team of the week. All have their own strong and weaker points.
There are two names that i have interest in for different reasons.
1 Rodda - I just don't see him as in the best 2 locks at he moment given the number of good quality performances - Swain, Frost, Blythe, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) ( injured) Phillips, Warner all come to mind.
2. Pasitoa - On the past 2 weeks performances why isn't he on anyone's list? I do agree though JOC (James O'Connor) did do his job well.
Pasitoa made last week's TOTW, JOC (James O'Connor) was very good this week

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

G&GR Australian Super Rugby Team of the Week 2022​

Round three:

1. Angus Bell (WAR) - 3
2. Feleti Kaitu’u (FOR) - 2
3. Taniela Tupou - (RED) - 1
4. Angus Blyth - (RED) - 1
5. Izack Rodda (FOR) - 3
6. Rob Valetini (BRU) - 2
7. Fraser McReight (RED) - 2
8. Harry Wilson (RED) - 2
9. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa (FOR) - 1
10. James O'Connor (RED) - 1
11. Andy Muirhead (BRU) - 2
12. Hamish Stewart (RED) - 2
13. Izaia Perse (WAR) - 2
14. Josh Flook (RED) - 1
15. Jock Campbell (RED) - 2

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I found this week tough. Some spots, like 6 & 7, where I thought there were two outstanding candidates. Some others where the pickings were much slimmer. Anyhow, here it is -

1. Bell
2. Uelese
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Holloway
5. Hooper
6. Uru
7. McReight
8. Wilson
9. Grant
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Flook
12. Simone
13. Paisami
14. Wright
15. Banks

Probably struggled most at 2.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
1. Bell
2. Nasser
4. Smith
5. Hooper
6. Uru
7. Gamble
8. Wilson
9. Fines-Leleiwasa
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Flook
12. Simone
13. Paisami
14. Wright
15. Banks

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
1. Bell
2. nasser
4 holloway
5. hooper
6. Uru
7, Gamble
8. Wilson
9. grant
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Flook
12. Simone
13. Paisami hm: perese
14. Wright
15. Banks

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Bell
2. Nasser
4. Holloway
5. Hooper
6. Uru
7. Gamble
8. Wilson
9. Fines
10. Lolesio
11. Flook
12. Simone
13. Paisami
14. Wright
15. Banks

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
1 Bell
2 Nasser
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4 Holloway
5 Hooper
6 Uru
7 Gamble
8 Wilson
9 Fines-Leleiwasa
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Flook
12 Simone
13 Paisami
14 Wright
15 Banks

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
1 Bell
2 Nasser
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4 Holloway
5 Hooper
6 Uru
7 McReight
8 Wilson
9 Grant
10 JOC (James O'Connor)
11 Flook
12 Simone
13 Paisami
14 Wright
15 Banks

At this point, should we just just pencil in Bell for every week?

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
1. Bell - not to his usual standard but overall better than all others. HM Harry Lloyd.
2. McInerney - schooled Uelese and no other No 2 stood out.
3. Ala'alatoa - his usual top class effort.
4. Frost - half of the outstanding locking duo this week. Monster at lineout and maul.
5. Hooper - best performance from a lock by some measure.
6. Valetini - now world class and put in a world class performance. Absolutely dominant.
7. Gamble - on par with Brown and best performers this week. Unsure if Brown is Wallaby eligible.
8. Wilson - edged out Harris with the two best No 8 performances.
9. White - ran the show. No other No 9 in the race this week.
10. Donaldson - top class game management and massive boot. Looking good for Gold.
11. Flook - good performer in a week of pretty ordinary wingers. Great effort to save what looked a certain try.
12. Stewart - warming to Stewart for his wholehearted performances. Just edged out Simone.
13. Paisami - by the length of Flemington Straight.
14. Wright - easily the top performing winger this week.
15. Banks - outstanding game with plenty of both attacking and defensive highlights.

Almost gave the No 9 jersey to Ian Prior for listening in to the call discussion between the Tahs prop and hooker.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
1. Bell - not to his usual standard but overall better than all others. HM Harry Lloyd.
2. McInerney - schooled Uelese and no other No 2 stood out.
3. Ala'alatoa - his usual top class effort.
4. Frost - half of the outstanding locking duo this week. Monster at lineout and maul.
5. Hooper - best performance from a lock by some measure.
6. Valetini - now world class and put in a world class performance. Absolutely dominant.
7. Gamble - on par with Brown and best performers this week. Unsure if Brown is Wallaby eligible.
8. Wilson - edged out Harris with the two best No 8 performances.
9. White - ran the show. No other No 9 in the race this week.
10. Donaldson - top class game management and massive boot. Looking good for Gold.
11. Flook - good performer in a week of pretty ordinary wingers. Great effort to save what looked a certain try.
12. Stewart - warming to Stewart for his wholehearted performances. Just edged out Simone.
13. Paisami - by the length of Flemington Straight.
14. Wright - easily the top performing winger this week.
15. Banks - outstanding game with plenty of both attacking and defensive highlights.

Almost gave the No 9 jersey to Ian Prior for listening in to the call discussion between the Tahs prop and hooker.
I'm not criticising your selection of him, I thought he went pretty well too. Maybe not that good though, no one else has selected him as yet.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
1. Bell
2. Nasser
4 Holloway
5. Hooper
6. Uru
7, Gamble
8. Wilson
9. Fines
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Flook
12. Simone
13. Paisami
14. Wright
15. Banks

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am sticking principally with players from the Brumbies and Force because they respectively and respectfully were up against the toughest opponents and put on the best rugby over the weekend.

Moving on from this now I see? Convenient.