• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bam to Brumbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
here here Ghibi.

Interesting the Tahs signed Hooper without trying to go for DP#7. Odd.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's like saying I can't believe the Tahs bought a Volkswagen without first trying to buy a BMW.

They're both nice cars but the price tags are remarkably different.

But Volkswagen produce poor quality vehicles and have the worst customer service of any business...

From my experience...

So I would be offended if I was hooper and had just been compared o the Nazi car...

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Given everything we know about Pocock being a man of great principles (like not getting married until his gay friends can also marry), I think he would have a hard time leaving the Force knowing how much of a hole they would be in without him.
if his gay friends are looking at marrying then I think they have already been in the hole already:eek:

C

Cave Dweller

The Brumbies have approached Western Force captain David Pocock about him moving to Canberra once his contract with the Force ends later this year.

Pocock is one of the flankers in world rugby and the Brumbies know the value of a good flanker as they had George Smith playing for them for a decade.

Brumbies coach Jake White has contacted Pocock to express their interest but the coach says that they are happy to wait until Pocock is ready to finalise his future.

The Brumbies currently have rising star Michael Hooper in their ranks but he agreed to move to the Waratahs last week. They also have Colby Fainga'a in their squad but White said they would be crazy not to contact Pocock.

"There's always going to be speculation about the top players... we have shown an interest in [Pocock] just like all other franchises have," White told Rugby Heaven.

"But there's no rush, the fact he would consider (joining the Brumbies) is fantastic.

"We want to become better and better and better every year, so if bringing him to the Brumbies would send a positive message and I'm sure it will add value to us.

"I respect the fact David doesn't want to rush into anything and I'm not going to put pressure on him.

"When the time is right we would be happy to offer him something if he's keen."

White is hoping that being close to politicians in Canberra could help to attract Pocock as he has a charitable foundation, Eightytwenty Vision, which helps underprivileged people in rural Zimbabwe.

White is also hoping that the twenty-four-old Pocock will be tempted to join the Brumbies as they have a group of young players of similar age to the Wallaby No.7.

Meanwhile White's Brumbies have surpassed expectations already this season but White says that he confident his team could handle the extra attention.

"It's nice for us that people are seeing us as a team that can win against tough oppositions," White said.

"Outsiders didn't think we would win a game this season so we don't think about that ... every week the pressure is different."

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Louie said "Interesting the Tahs signed Hooper without trying to go for DP#7. Odd."

I disagree with Waratah long standing recruitment record they will probably chase him as well.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Given everything we know about Pocock being a man of great principles (like not getting married until his gay friends can also marry), I think he would have a hard time leaving the Force knowing how much of a hole they would be in without him.

Providing the Force give him a good offer to stay, I think he would turn down going to a better team for the chance to stay and help the team he has always played for.

But he is married............

I would be very surprised if he moved from the Force. But I have been surprised before.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
"The Brumbies currently have rising star Michael Hooper in their ranks but he agreed to move to the Waratahs last week. They also have Colby Fainga'a in their squad but White said they would be crazy not to contact Pocock."

I understand that neither Hooper or Colby are yet at the heights of one D Pocock.... But is this the reason perhaps that Hooper took the opportunity to shift? Feeling a little undervalued... Lets face it. If you were a 7 and D Pocock was to come to your club you can pretty much expect very little playing time in the future. Unless you backed into him in the car park.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"The Brumbies currently have rising star Michael Hooper in their ranks but he agreed to move to the Waratahs last week. They also have Colby Fainga'a in their squad but White said they would be crazy not to contact Pocock."

I understand that neither Hooper or Colby are yet at the heights of one D Pocock.... But is this the reason perhaps that Hooper took the opportunity to shift? Feeling a little undervalued... Lets face it. If you were a 7 and D Pocock was to come to your club you can pretty much expect very little playing time in the future. Unless you backed into him in the car park.

Nah, Hooper was offered a contract before the comp started...

He was definitely wanted...

It simply came down to him wanting to return home...

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pocock is one of the flankers in world rugby and the Brumbies know the value of a good flanker as they had George Smith playing for them for a decade.

Pretty sure whoever wrote that article missed out the word "best" otherwise that sentence can be applied to any flanker, playing at any level, around the globe lol.

Pocock strikes me as a loyal, humble kind of guy. I would be surprised if he left. But if there's anyone in S15 who can sell their vision to him, it's probably Jake White.

Status
Not open for further replies.