• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarian F.C. v Bristol Bears, 8/9/23

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Date: Thursday 7th September, 2023
Kick-off: 7:30pm
Referee:
Assistant referees:

4:30am 8th September 2023 (AEST)

Streamed:
Not on TV/Streamed (ref: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/bristol-bears-v-barbarians-tv-8726939)

Reference:

Barbarians F.C. Team:
15. Ryohey Yamanaka, 14. Taichi Takahashi, 13. Filipo Dangunu, 12. Nicholas McCurran, 11. Tom Wright, 10. Jame O’Connor (capt), 9. Kaito Shigeno, 1. Kenta Kobayashi, 2 Shunta Nakamura, 3. Harry Johnson-Holmes, 4, Josh Canham, 5, Caderyn Neville, 6. Lachlan Swinton, 7. Seru Uru, 8. Harry Wilson.

Replacements: 16. Lachlan Lonegran, 17. Rob Evans, 18. Sam Talakai, 19. Uwe Helu, 20 Faulua Makisi, 21. Ryan Lonegran, 22. James Tuttle, 23. Hunter Paisami.

Ref: https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/bristol-bears-men/barbarians-name-team-for-ashton-gate/

Bristol Bears Team:
TWITTER.png

Last edited:

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Date: Thursday 7th September, 2023
Kick-off: 7:30pm
Referee:
Assistant referees:

4:30am 8th September 2023 (AEST)

Streamed:

Reference:

Random fact - I once found myself working as a steward at a Championship game at Ashton Gate.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A slightly less Aussie team:
Barbarians: 15. Ryohey Yamanaka, 14. Taichi Takahashi, 13. Filipo Dangunu, 12. Nicholas McCurran, 11. Tom Wright, 10. Jame O’Connor (capt), 9. Kaito Shigeno, 1. Kenta Kobayashi, 2 Shunta Nakamura, 3. Harry Johnson-Holmes, 4, Josh Canham, 5, Caderyn Neville, 6. Lachlan Swinton, 7. Seru Uru, 8. Harry Wilson.

Replacements: 16. Lachlan Lonegran, 17. Rob Evans, 18. Sam Talakai, 19. Uwe Helu, 20 Faulua Makisi, 21. Ryan Lonegran, 22. James Tuttle, 23. Hunter Paisami.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Playing on one of these tours seems like the absolute dream. The rugby is probably actually fun and I assume they are still getting paid. Bristol is a mad chill town too and England are in a heatwave at the moment.

I am jealous.

Yeah, I've said this before. Don't understand Quade at all. Imagine playing rugby with at least a chance of getting called into the squad, in a no-risk have fun fling it around environment, inside of the aura of the RWC. Surely enjoying rugby doesn't get much better than that.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah, I've said this before. Don't understand Quade at all. Imagine playing rugby with at least a chance of getting called into the squad, in a no-risk have fun fling it around environment, inside of the aura of the RWC. Surely enjoying rugby doesn't get much better than that.

Quade, like Foley, wouldn't have permission from his Japanese club to play for the Barbarians on this tour...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I agree it's likely that given Foley didn't play but also the non-Aus players are all Japanese...

I could be wrong, but I assume those Japanese players are performing the same role as the Australians in the Barbarians… and also not on the same level of contracts as Foley or Quade.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Sounds like Paisami might have picked up an injury, hopefully nothing too serious.

A double from Wilson and it sounds like O'Connor had a great game - nearly scored and end to end try and kicked all his conversions (6/6)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It is a weird one. If you believe Squidge's angle that Eddie is attempting to employ a 'total rugby' style game plan then you'd think Harry Wilson is the perfect style of player for that.