• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barbarians Australian Tour 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Or Palu being penalised for cleaning out a man "too far from the tackle" but Hunt did the same thing only worse in almost the same spot in the 2nd half without penalty, or penalising the dominant scrum for walking around when the Wallabies were going backwards.

Timani put a hand in the scrum to retrieve the ball on two occasions - had me scurrying to the world rugby laws app to see if it I'd missed another change.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think there is a significant difference between them covering comments made in an official capacity at the press conference of a Wallabies fixture with comments that same person made on their daily radio show.

He bagged them in the press conference from which the comments rugby.com.au did report were taken
He bagged them to Drew Mitchell. I can assure you, I only listen to Jones on radio when I need a laugh: can't wait to watch my recording of Q&A from last night. Rudd & Jones rewriting history together.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
But speaking as one on one issue at least, or at last. Nothing to do with rugby, but Jones did get a few digs in again .

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
The Barbarians tour continues for Sam Carter, as he flies to England to join Robbie Deans' Barbarians to Play The All Blacks this weekend. Robbie Deans always did have a higher opinion of Sam than Michael Cheika ever has!!........................ Go Sam!!!

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Deans never picked him to play a test.

I didn't say that he did. In Sam's early years, conversations between Robbie Deans, Carter family members, and friends of Sam's, were enough to reveal Robbie's high opinion of Sam, and his reasons for not including Sam in his squad. Those reasons were in relation to his (then) light weight, and his (then) vulnerability in his neck area.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I didn't say that he did. In Sam's early years, conversations between Robbie Deans, Carter family members, and friends of Sam's, were enough to reveal Robbie's high opinion of Sam, and his reasons for not including Sam in his squad. Those reasons were in relation to his (then) light weight, and his (then) vulnerability in his neck area.

Mr Doug, I for one (and you obviously) hope he plays the house down and receives his fat Barbarian's envelope over there

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Indeed, and Cooper said so to the ref.
BUT, the ref said it was a yellow for offside (he was), repeat infringements in a short period (yes) after a warning (didn't hear that) when Cooper questioned the card, not specifically for a deliberate knock down. The commentators were banging on about the latter though.
The warning was in the first half and the ref said as much
"listen - it's for offside, I warned you in the first half, repeated infringements..."

Warning an hour ago. Jones may have gone over the top but that was about the wankiest excuse for a yellow I've ever seen.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The warning was in the first half and the ref said as much
"listen - it's for offside, I warned you in the first half, repeated infringements."

Warning an hour ago. Jones may have gone over the top but that was about the wankiest excuse for a yellow I've ever seen.

I agree it was pretty soft.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He never grounded it!

The penalty for unsportsmanlike behaviour is a penalty and the ref restarted the game with a scrum - so maybe he had a bit more of a feel for the nature of this game then he's been given credit for..

The move broke a few of the technical restart laws as well imho

21.4(i) Behind the ball. All the kicker’s team at a penalty or free kick must be behind the ball until it has been kicked, except the placer for a place kick.

I reckon they were getting into "cavarly charge" territory as well - though that one is a whole other argument (as the law is so poorly written)

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^^^
Thanks guys - appreciated.

Seens a little waffley.

Reckon lots of behaviour could be classed as that including push and shoves (which generally go unpunished unless a punch is thrown).

Personally I thought it was a terrific move and quite exciting to watch.

Ah well

T

TOCC

Alan Jones knew it was illegal, he just wanted something for the highlights reel, it may have been denied but it got plenty of coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Good to see that Taqele Naiyaravoro and Nic Stirzaker have joined Sam Carter in Robbie Deans' Barbarians squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.