• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Barnes at scrum half?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Noddy said:
yeah I know he filled in there for the Reds and Wallabies, but I was wondering if he played there before he established himself as a back rower. I played against him at colts and he was definitely a back rower. He was at 6 for Souths with Brendan Cannon at 8. Was always a tough physical game we you played them!

There is another successful conversion, which reminds me of another: Polota-Nau.

Cutter is right - all the successful conversions started early in the player's career.

Waugh at 9? :lmao:

BTW, who was harder, Kefu or Cannon? I hope you can't answer from personal experience.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Biffo said:
Noddy said:

:) and remained so

one of my best rugby memories was Souths pressing our line in a critical game towards the end of the season. We had a tight lead. A ruck formed close to the souths like after we took it in. I lay all over the ball and got completely shitless by the likes of Canno, Kefu, Damien Drew and a few other Souths hard nuts. The ball stayed in, the ref didn't penalise, we won the game and the minor premiership (before losing to both souths and brothers in the finals). My coach (David Codey, who knew a thing or two about rucking) gave me big props for that play.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Noddy said:
Biffo said:
Noddy said:

:) and remained so

one of my best rugby memories was Souths pressing our line in a critical game towards the end of the season. We had a tight lead. A ruck formed close to the souths like after we took it in. I lay all over the ball and got completely shitless by the likes of Canno, Kefu, Damien Drew and a few other Souths hard nuts. The ball stayed in, the ref didn't penalise, we won the game and the minor premiership (before losing to both souths and brothers in the finals). My coach (David Codey, who knew a thing or two about rucking) gave me big props for that play.

:lmao: Only in rugby can a "best moment" be based around being kicked the crap out of for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.