• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale and Cooper in boozy incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The Brett Stewart saga is sad all round, read the article earlier, it's gonna tarnish the bloke for ever unfortunately

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
That's true if your mate is having a brain fart, but what if he's not? What if his reaction is proportionate and someone is filming it out of context? We don't know that yet.
That's a good point, if it is proportionate it cannot be out of context.
If he was defending himself, that would be clear in any recording.
Reacting to a slur is not sufficient reason to assault anyone.(legally speaking)

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
What a story told in that article. It really change my perception about these things. Best left to the leal processes. Quade has been adamant in the media that their is nothing really to the story. I am leaving it there.

The dignity and strength that Stewart displayed during the whole ordeal is a real testament to him as a man. These blokes only have brief careers, hope he still makes his packet from the game despite this.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
There were other stories floating around about cover ups over Roff back in the late 90s / early 00s, for those with long memories and an ear to the ground.

Those days are long past I think, these days the guys have bigger public profiles, social media can spread "rumours" like wildfire and camera phones are everywhere.

Exactly my point and in response to posts about 'how players of today are so much worse than those of 10-20 years ago'. It is crap of course, players today are no worse just more heavily scrutinised.

Everyone can bring out John Eales as a role model for all (in a perfect world they would be all like him) but for every Eales there was a bully like Finnegan or a drunk like Roff!

T

TOCC

Let's reward a player charged with assault by promoting him to the national side...

I think this is absolute bullshit, it's bad for union and it sets a bad example for fellow players... How does JOC (James O'Connor) get dropped for sleeping through a PR promotion, yet Beale gets promoted for been charged...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's so hard to tell what actually happened in situations like these.

If you compare if to the Benji Marshall or even Brett Stewart incidents, it seems that cases get taken to court by the police even after the DPP has chosen to drop the case due to lack of evidence because the defendant is a high profile sportsman.

In the absence of compelling evidence to suggest that Beale has done something terrible and the fact that it could take a long time for the charge to be resolved, I see no issue in the ARU treating it as business as usual.

T

TOCC

Because he's been charged, not convicted.

regardless, putting himself in that position, he should at least receive a "your not been considered for selection this week" rather then rushing him back Into the national side..

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
regardless, putting himself in that position, he should at least receive a "your not been considered for selection this week" rather then rushing him back Into the national side..

That already happened last week. How many weeks do you want him to have to miss?

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
There is another code we all live by. Innocent until proven guilty.
Sounds nice, but knowing the way the legal system works that is not necessarily true as guilty people walk all the time.
The court of public opinion is unrelenting and clearly the behavior rules set by the ARU regarding socializing and hitting the piss need to be revisited to protect the rock star culture of young Wallabies and the reputation of the game.

HG

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Let's reward a player charged with assault by promoting him to the national side.

I think this is absolute bullshit, it's bad for union and it sets a bad example for fellow players. How does JOC (James O'Connor) get dropped for sleeping through a PR promotion, yet Beale gets promoted for been charged.

You have no idea what happened here. Get off your high horse and stop trying to be the moral crusader of the forum.
Until the judge bangs his gavel and rules him guilty then it is still only a accusation.
let him play. God knows Vuna is not the answer!!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You have no idea what happened here. Get off your high horse and stop trying to be the moral crusader of the forum.
Until the judge bangs his gabble and rules him guilty then it is still only a accusation.
But he does!
KB (Kurtley Beale) has been charged with assault, FACT.
The question is just when the ARU decides to have a hearing.before or after KB (Kurtley Beale) does his mediation and has the court dismiss it per QC (Quade Cooper).

T

TOCC

Until the judge bangs his gavel and rules him guilty then it is still only a accusation.
what don't I know?

The fact he is out hitting the piss when he is recovering from a injury or the fact he is charged with assault?

His actions have brought the game into disrepute, that's reason enough to be punished in many circles.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
what don't I know?

The fact he is out hitting the piss when he is recovering from a injury or the fact he is charged with assault?

His actions have brought the game into disrepute, that's reason enough to be punished in many circles.

"hitting the piss" isn't a breach of ARU protocols I don't think?

T

TOCC

"hitting the piss" isn't a breach of ARU protocols I don't think?

Im not going to pretend to know what is written in the ARU protocols or what contractual stipulations there are in relation to player behaviour.
But i highly doubt that drinking alcohol whilst recovering from an injury in a race to be fit to represent the national side is something which is endorsed by the ARU.

The fact that he and QC (Quade Cooper) were thrown out of a nightclub on that pretence alone is not a massive issue but obviously frowned upon, but then getting involved in a argument and subsequent physical altercation with a bouncer is an issue.

Im not saying we tie Beale to a cross and burn him, I'm just saying i think its ludicrous that he was rushed back from injury when we have situations only 8 months earlier with the Wallabies where JOC (James O'Connor) was dropped because he slept through his alarm clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.