• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beale to Tahs, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It's a bit like a CEO saving money in the budget by deferring spending on plant maintenance.

It looks good for the cash flow in the short term but in the long run will bite you in the bum.

The decision to defer to act on the muppeteers effectively cost Dingo and JON their jobs.

It didn't cost JON his bonus. It should have cost some board members their jobs as they blindly rubber stamped JONs decisions and his payout.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You can add Jono Lance to the rotation as well. Big issue is AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s back up, while it looks to be Horne, he looks to be a great 12 who can cover 13 these days.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Has Lachie Turner been let go? If he is still around next year he would be a good cover for 13 without disrupting the structures of the backline as would be the case if Horne is moved to 13. Who would then be at 12? Whoever it would be would have an entirely different skill set and that would have to entail significant other changes to how they execute.

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)
Has Lachie Turner been let go? If he is still around next year he would be a good cover for 13 without disrupting the structures of the backline as would be the case if Horne is moved to 13. Who would then be at 12? Whoever it would be would have an entirely different skill set and that would have to entail significant other changes to how they execute.
I expect Lachie's fate will be known when Folau and Beale finally sign. Then there will be no space for him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is young enough to re-establish himself as a journeyman somewhere.

Does he have a trade or profession apart from Rugby?

Relocation may be an issue if he is reliant on "normal" income rather than rugby income.

Perhaps time for some French or Japanese lessons.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Turner is 26.

If Turner needs to bone up on his education and the School Sporting Scholarships thread is anything to go by, maybe he can return to Newington on a scholarship and play in the first XV.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You think if he would still qualify to play for them,he wouldn't still be enrolled?
If they were allowed,they would have more Super contracted players than Uni.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
NSW Schools and Aust Schools RU rules are that players in the opens must be under 18 on the 1st of Jan that year.

This put an end to many of the players repeating Year 12 several times as happened on occasions in the "olden days".

Sadly, the only way we will see Lachie back at NEW is if he joins the coaching staff.

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
I think Kurtley will still slot in at 10. Foley is good yes but no match for kurtley particually in terms of experience

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Oh dear.

Best to keep it to yourself ATM.

Poor lad needs all the help he can get, particularly if he has signed with the Tahs.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I like the idea of squad rotation. As Hawko said it is a great way to build experience in young guys coming through and test them at the required level.

With the squad the Tah's have for 2014, if they can secure Beale too, then it will allow them to rotate guys around a little bit and rest them when required.

One thing I'd love to see in 2014 is Falou play 13. While AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would play the majority of games there I think it would be worth starting Israel there in a couple of games. He has all the skills required and would allow AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) some rest from what is a very long season.

Jerusalem

Stan Wickham (3)
I like the idea of squad rotation. As Hawko said it is a great way to build experience in young guys coming through and test them at the required level.

With the squad the Tah's have for 2014, if they can secure Beale too, then it will allow them to rotate guys around a little bit and rest them when required.

One thing I'd love to see in 2014 is Falou play 13. While AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) would play the majority of games there I think it would be worth starting Israel there in a couple of games. He has all the skills required and would allow AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) some rest from what is a very long season.
I would rather see Cheika stick with a side for a couple of games. It doesn't help get on a good roll when we are always changing five eights, captains etc. Hope to see KB (Kurtley Beale) at five eighth and foley in the number 22

Richo

John Thornett (49)
My view on KB (Kurtley Beale) vs Foley shifted a lot over the latter stages of last season. I think that Foley, right now, is a better 10 than Kurtley -- he might not be a better rugby player, but he's better in that position. I also think Foley is a better investment: strong character, coachable, still developing rapidly.

I'd like to see the Tahs persist with Foley and require KB (Kurtley Beale) to force his way into the side elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.