• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Beau Robinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Here's more on the Beau Robinson mystery

Robinson said he has "been told by NSW … I've been shown the door there. They don't want me", and has since sought out interest with the Queensland Reds. But they have opted to keep New Zealand marquee player Daniel Braid rather back the Australian.

"I am playing for my career. It is quite awkward, but at the end of the day I am just doing whatever I can to try and get a contract for next year in Australia or overseas," he said.

I don't get it. He's obviously bloody good and S14 standard. Like tighthead prop, openside is a crux position where you want insurance. I rate him the 3rd best openside in Australia behind Smith and Pocock. Perhaps the Tahs don't like him showing up Waugh. Queensland's myopia is suprising but their 13th place finish is no accident.

Are there off field incidents to explain the lack of interest ? Is he 'difficult' ? Or are our provinces still amateur hour.

F

formeropenside

didn't he have a chance to come to the Reds a season or so back and passed on the opportunity? A bit rich to want multiple bites of the cherry.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
naza said:
I don't get it.

Really?

I rate him the 3rd best openside in Australia behind Smith and Pocock. Perhaps the Tahs don't like him showing up Waugh.

Maybe its your OWN myopia that is the problem. The World According to Naz just isn't good enough for everyone else eh? Fools, all of them

::)

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The Reds are crazy passing up on him. We should make him an offer unless Mooney has faith in Shaw & Laufutsu(whatever) really stepping up next year.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
5th team? The world is odd when Hodgson plays for the W'bies and BR can't get on a S14 bench.

He should have a heart-to-heart with Marty Holah. Another one in the "what have I got to do" file.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wouldn't mind having Luafutu, Shaw and Robinson all on contract. Hell, you get a Force type backrow going with Tasi at 8 and the other two on the side.

Don't see the point in staying with Braid.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Should qualify that: he's a good player, Robinson, and way too good to be outside the XXII. But obviously there is some reason they won't pick him...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
You've got Salvi and Chapman floating around as well.

Fark, we need a 6th team!!

Status
Not open for further replies.