• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Berrick Barnes

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
5 minutes to go, down by 9 ? Yeah, let's kick down the middle of the field. Overlap out wide ? Let me run slowly sideways allowing the defence to recover. This guy kicks more ball away than Naas Botha, Rob Andrew, Chris Malone, Janie De Beer, and Ronan O'Gara COMBINED.

Get Berrick Barnes outta here. He is absolute GARBAGE. He is the biggest oxygen thief born into this world. He's not just King Craptacular of backline play, he's also the cause of climate change.

The guy is simply a LOSER. His body language stinks of LOSER. His grimace every time he fucks up screams LOSER. His I'm going to march down to NSWRU HQ and protest until they dump Barnes.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
right idea naza.
i think the two play makers idea doesn't work.
one person thinking is better then two.
O'Connor/Cross/T.Smith. for me. more pace and beating the man less thinking and kicking.
too much confusion.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd swap them & give Giteau more space as he's more likely to beat a man than Berrick barnes.

Naz is right Barnes kicked way to much ball away at then end when we were chasing the game.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
i like barnes and gits together, think gits would be better running wider and hopefully towards the goaline though. barnes is a better kick than gits, better in defence as well, dont think oconnor is safe to be in the first line until he bulks up a bit, wouldnt play cross as he runs at angles and crowds the outside, its his only move, smith is a good option, he should be on the euro tour hopefully.

eddo

Larry Dwyer (12)
Actually I thought BB was one of the more solid options and while he was kicking quite a bit it was more accurate than Gits and he was taking the pressure off him..

And from my 'expert' point of view - It was our improved kicking that brought our second half our of the gutter and pinned Saffaland in their half. Combined with Frans Steyne having a shocker, BB actually got us in a position to stem the flow of the Saffa 3-point plan.

Looks like Gits will be given a week to think about how to chase a kick anyhow, so Barnes for 10 against an out of sorts Carter ??

Could be interesting.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
With Mortlock out for a bit there's no way we'll change Barnes.

The thing is that Gits-Barnes look terrific going forward, but when the pressure is on, not so good. Get the piggies to take the pressure off 9-10-12 and we're pissing it in.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
We looked much more controlled when Giteau was off the field, mainly due to Barnes accurate kicking. Barnes has his bad points, but Giteau was by far the worse of the two players out there on the weekend.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Agreed, but Giteau is an attacking threat whereas Barnes doesnt seem to be because he kicks too much. Barnes kicking was better than Giteau's but he kicked far, far too much.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Maybe Barnes needs to move to 10 for the softening up period in the first 20, where he can better control field position. After that they can swap back and forth throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.