• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Biggest Barefoot Penalty Rugby Kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
It doesn't look a like a full size pitch to be honest, but maybe I'm wrong. And regardless of the scale, for a kid his age to kick that long it's pretty impressive. Beautiful surroundings indeed
Outeniqua Prymary School in George. We had a sport weekend two weeks back there.

J

Jay

It doesn't look a like a full size pitch to be honest, but maybe I'm wrong. And regardless of the scale, for a kid his age to kick that long it's pretty impressive. Beautiful surroundings indeed

No way is it full size - the gap between the 10m line & halfway is about the same as the gap between halfway and the 10m line. It should be 18 metres.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
No way is it full size - the gap between the 10m line & halfway is about the same as the gap between halfway and the 10m line. It should be 18 metres.

I'll get the exact distance from KleinGims sport organiser.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Rubbish, My kicking distance Is reduced by ~10m when I kick with boots. And if you kick regularly enough barefoot (like 3 days a week) It doesn't hurt... Personally I'm surprised more people don't kick barefoot at a professional level, I know I can kick at a ten percent better accuracy without boots too. And the boots fit.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I played bare foot until about Under 8, then we moved to sand shoes then boots.

Bare foot is easily the most enjoyable way to play rugby.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Rubbish, My kicking distance Is reduced by ~10m when I kick with boots. And if you kick regularly enough barefoot (like 3 days a week) It doesn't hurt...

Fair play pal, I kick with bare feet every day in the summer but have never done a full goal kicking sesh like that. Will try it sometime this week!

Also when it's cold it's not a good idea to kick without shoes :)

J

Jay

Have been reminded on PR about Bob Scott, the former All Black fullback of the 40's/50's, who could apparently toe hack a leather ball 50 metres barefoot. His feet must have been gnarled clubs.

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
lekker pictures oom.
what's the big schoolboy derby in cape town and surrounds? i wouldn't mind having a look see.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
edit_preview.php

bernard as 8 and my laaitie as 7 as U10s in their interschools game.

Now there's a shrewd and frugal father. Young PaarlBok should still be able to play in those shorts as an adult.

T

Travi34

I remember having some barefoot kicks after a Rebel's pre-season match in the country early this year. Foot hurt for the first 5 kicks, then after that it was all good. Was kicking about 40metres, which is what I kick with boots on (shut up, I'm a forward!) but I felt my accuracy was great, probably 80% from between the 15s, opposed to 60% with boots. (doesnt mean a lot for a forward who will never place or drop kick in their life...)

The only pain I had after the first few kicks was when I accidently toed one, and I think FiveStarStu pulled the ball away from a place kick which I saw coming, but still caused me to slip and land on my ass...

At primary school I used to take my shoes (and sometimes socks at my mothers pleading) off at lunch, or after school when kicking the (G)AFL ball.... ended up taking boots or runners to school in high school...

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Now there's a shrewd and frugal father. Young PaarlBok should still be able to play in those shorts as an adult.

Bruce its actually a special printed 150 year Paarl Gim short pant they all recieved that year. Priceless in my book and one he kept in a special place in his cupboard! Year was 2008. Laaitie is a bit small (as my PushOverTryInExtraTime the last drop I had) and the reason why he plays hockey these days.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I have to agree with accuracy in regards to no boots. I kick regularly with both (training at school = boots | training at the park = no boots) and my accuracy is much better without boots

redsfanatic

Peter Burge (5)
Well, I could never even think of playing barefoot in a competitive match. I think I'll stick with boots...

Status
Not open for further replies.