• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bingle cracks the whip - Pup comes home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26823065-5018870,00.html

Australia vice-captain Michael Clarke has abandoned his country's tour of New Zealand for personal reasons on the same day his fiancee Lara Bingle broke her silence.

Yes she's reasonably hot. Yes I'd hit that with bells on. But no chick should come between a man and his career, especially when he's captaining his country.

Having said that, Clarke has been slower than a wet week recently and we'll be better off without him anchoring our middle order. And by Anchor I mean "weigh down", not "make fast"

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Nick, do you still think Clarke should replace ponting as test captain? I had my doubts before and am more certain now that Pup is not ready to be test captain and may never be ready.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
NTA said:
But no chick should come between a man and his career, especially when he's captaining his country.

Assuming for a moment that you mean that...

I tend to lean towards the view that no career should come between a man and his family. When that career is sport, my view is even stronger. If he was a surgeon or world leader, I'd be more sympathetic to your view. As it is, I'm not sure of the last time I heard anything more foolish.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Today's papers are saying he's come home to cancel her contract. Fair enough, time to move on.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
I think you guys should sack him, it's disgraceful.

I then think, the NZ selectors should bring Clarke's kiwi connection up and he should switch teams. It's the honourable thing to do.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cutter said:
NTA said:
But no chick should come between a man and his career, especially when he's captaining his country.

I tend to lean towards the view that no career should come between a man and his family. When that career is sport, my view is even stronger. If he was a surgeon or world leader, I'd be more sympathetic to your view. As it is, I'm not sure of the last time I heard anything more foolish.

agreed. Clarke has shown himself to be an excellent family man. Skipping the big bucks of the IPL to be with his father through his bouts of cancer treatment.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Cutter said:
NTA said:

Couldn't agree more, Cutter. I am a surgeon, by the way, and I see plenty of ego-driven characters who play by the rule that Nick wrote...and at the end of the day most are not happy people. I had a great offer to stay in Melbourne after spending 18 months there - pretty much the perfect job structure for me. We came back home, because that's where WE wanted to be, and work aint everything. Work has been far harder as a result, and I spend a fair bit of time travelling. Many of my colleagues thought me mad, and couldn't understand why I didn't just take the job and tell my wife to accept it.
I am so glad I didn't.
FFS, it's only cricket.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
cyclopath said:
FFS, it's only cricket.
Give yourself an uppercut!

The media take a few pics of his media groupie fiancee and he has to run home. If she was that upset then why not fly her over to NZ to get away from our press?

Adam Voges must be spewing, considering he was dropped and exiled for going to his own wedding.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Moses said:
cyclopath said:
FFS, it's only cricket.
Give yourself an uppercut!

The media take a few pics of his media groupie fiancee and he has to run home. If she was that upset then why not fly her over to NZ to get away from our press?

Adam Voges must be spewing, considering he was dropped and exiled for going to his own wedding.
Moses, I'm sorry mate, but yet another 1-day series against the Black Caps...who cares? And I don't mean the Kiwis don't matter, just that yet another series doesn't matter.
I think he went home to make sure she was out of the flat and to change the locks, by the way. She's a talentless oxygen thief who looks good at times, a bit ghoulish at others (too much gothic eye make-up, darl) and FFS if she's dopey enough to get her "unstealable" Aston Martin stolen by a 14 year old scumbag by blatantly leaving the keys in her Jeep, she is best done without.
And what Noddy said about Voges.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Cutter said:

Various thoughts come to mind:
- That isn't a family - its just a girlfriend
- She knew the deal when she signed up. International cricket is not friendly to relationships.
- They're both young enough to move on. She's like 23 or something.
- Funny how her string of associated males are all sports stars with profiles
- Funny how she changed management and one week later her nude pic is everywhere (I've seen it and it ain't that special).

My job would never come before my family, but I'm not captaining my country. And in a very well paid job with perks and sponsorships based on my public profile, that a psychotic money-grubbing social-climber with chipmunk cheeks and a half-decent rack could bring down inside a couple of minutes. Trade her in and get the keys back to the Aston.

R

rugbywhisperer

Cutter said:
NTA said:

Well said Cutter - couldn't agree more.
There is no way anything would keep me from attending to family be it break up or celebration.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Read my reply on the matter: if they were married and had kids, no worries. But they're not, and she's a slag. Have a look at her Shire Bogan family now wanting to sell their story about how their poor little bogan daughter got the raw end of the stick. I'll bet they come out of it looking like shit no matter what they say.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
NTA said:
Read my reply on the matter: if they were married and had kids, no worries. But they're not, and she's a slag. Have a look at her Shire Bogan family now wanting to sell their story about how their poor little bogan daughter got the raw end of the stick. I'll bet they come out of it looking like shit no matter what they say.
Doesn't help having Max Markson in her corner - he sounds like one of those farkin' annoying touts selling shit at those $2 shops in town.
Parading her as a "women's rights issue" is just plain pathetic. She basically does nothing apart from hang around with the Eastern Suburbs party crowd, and I'm pretty sure Clarke and the ACB were not smitten with the future Test Captain's wife being besties with John Ibrahim et al. Although, I'm sure he's a top bloke, and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.