• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bismark Du Plesis bags Oz Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really? You think the Lions/Cheetahs are better than the Brumbies and Force? I'll give you the Rebels.

Depends if you're talking home/away but I'd always prefer to play the Lions/Cheetahs than the Force/Brumbies at home - away is another story of course.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If this were true then you would expect that the Brumbies, Force and Rebels would have won more games against the other conferences. And that the Tahs would be sitting higher on the table. But no - the reason these teams occupy 3 of the bottom 4 spots is because they lose to almost everybody. That's the truth.

BR I get your point but I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with my comment, which is what I said in the second half of my post - and that was the crux of the argument which you seem to agree with anyway. Let's just give it time to get established and see how it pans out. The fact that the Aus conf also has the only new province this year would also have contributed heavily to the 3 of bottom 4 thing too.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Really? You think the Lions/Cheetahs are better than the Brumbies and Force? I'll give you the Rebels.

Depends if you're talking home/away but I'd always prefer to play the Lions/Cheetahs than the Force/Brumbies at home - away is another story of course.

Yeah...it's not an easy pick but I'd expect the Blues to beat all those teams with a concern over the Bulls - hence my Aussie pick I guess.

BR I get your point but I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with my comment, which is what I said in the second half of my post - and that was the crux of the argument which you seem to agree with anyway. Let's just give it time to get established and see how it pans out. The fact that the Aus conf also has the only new province this year would also have contributed heavily to the 3 of bottom 4 thing too.

Sorry - missed the tongue-in-cheek....but yeah, I'd expect the competition to even out a lot more in the next 3-5 years.

D

daz

With the greatest respect to our Saffer brothers, they have done nothing but piss and moan about the comp since 1996. I've started to tune them out to be frank.

*Warning* This post could cause offence to some G&GR members.

Unlike the Kiwis, with whom we share history and blood, I have no Saffa brothers. Not on your nelly. Not even Saffa second-cousins.

From a rugby perspective, apart from the fact we share the same hemisphere, I have nothing in common with them at all. I could in fact, not care less what they say and who in that tip of Africa actually says it.

Like the Poms, I support the team that plays against them. When the Poms and the Saffas played the last RWC in Paris, I could not stomach either team winning and so I sold my ticket to the game and got pissed at a cafe instead.

But maybe that's just me....

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
* When the Poms and the Saffas played the last RWC in Paris, I could not stomach either team winning and so I sold my ticket to the game and got pissed at a cafe instead.

Yep, try as I might, I just can't get pissed on coffee.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
*Warning* This post could cause offence to some G&GR members.

Unlike the Kiwis, with whom we share history and blood, I have no Saffa brothers. Not on your nelly. Not even Saffa second-cousins.

From a rugby perspective, apart from the fact we share the same hemisphere, I have nothing in common with them at all. I could in fact, not care less what they say and who in that tip of Africa actually says it.

Like the Poms, I support the team that plays against them. When the Poms and the Saffas played the last RWC in Paris, I could not stomach either team winning and so I sold my ticket to the game and got pissed at a cafe instead.

You have dribble on your chin.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Calling someone a Neanderthal for expressing a opinion of THIS years competition is not exactly growing the hosts brain capacity and given the last 30 mins results adds to the misguided comments towards a players throw away comment.

Sad thread.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
NZ are the strongest conference, if anyone should be complaining it is them. But It's funny how the vast majority of complaints come from SA coaches and players. Because South Africa is Fooor to superiooor for us.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The only intense derbies in Aus have been Tahs vs Reds.

The rest have been pretty meek affairs really but for a bit of huff and puff in the first 20.

I think he is out of totally out place to say make this comment but he is the third person to elude to it in the last couple of weeks and I can't help but think there's a bit of truth in there somewhere.

Games involving the Force, Brumbies and Rebels this year have not been physically demanding affairs.

The only truth in it comes from kiwi teams saying it not SA ones. I am pretty sure my memory serves me correctly when I say that the sharks almost lost to the easy beat rebels? He needs to wake up to himself.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
I agree with Busmark, apart from the reds. the skill level and quality of rugby from australia team is shithouse.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
Of course bdp is right. This year, with the newest team, aus conference was going to be easier. It's still stupid thing to say. I doubt he'll say the SA conference is the easiest when the kings start up. It probably won't get a mention.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Eluding to a one off game and the rebels best effort imo this year does not exactly kill the "observation".

Sorry, thought he said that the Australian conference was easy and that the lower Australian teams were easy beats and basically give mes for the tahs and reds. Just thought he should be reminded that they struggled against them. Of course a new team is going to be up and down. But when they are up they are still hard to play against.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Remember how long the lions and cheetahs were crap? What an idiot.

I hope the wallabies have a great year and smash the all blacks and springboks. Super rugby means nothing when it comes too tests.

Go the force!!!!

Guy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Crikey...

This is just an obvious niggle by a senior player. One that he learnt from another guy last week, who learnt it from another guy the week before...

let it go

Status
Not open for further replies.